1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto Club Speedway

Discussion in 'General' started by SundaySocial, Jan 22, 2023.

1. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

NASCAR is converting it to a (one?) mile oval which leaves no room for any kind of road course.
    Three day weekend of track days, with today the last day on the infield course. Cold this morning with some clouds, but before lunch it was sunny and temps were reasonable,
    Some some well known racers over the weekend, along with some local fast guys and some very nice hardware.
    Sad to see it go; it was convenient, relatively safe, had some fun combinations, and was NOT in the middle of BFE.

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Great that you made it out there for the last day! Wish I could have been there. I remember going to one of the first big races when it opened... probably NASCAR. I salivated when looking at the infield and was so excited to hear they were building an infield course. I always liked it quite a bit even though I sucked pretty bad on it. The Turn 1 kink was fun WFO on little bikes. Sad to see it go.

3. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

So many great track days enjoyed there with the Fastrack Riders company. Got moving along pretty well there too, hate to see it go. AMA guys were unbelievable around that place years back!