1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto Club Speedway - upgraded track photos

Discussion in 'General' started by Gehr, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Gehr

Gehr whAt mE woRRy?

Here are some shots I took after a track day this weekend at the ACS in Fontana.

Coming out of T9 right at the edge of the pavement looking at the opened up T10/T11 chicane. New pavement is on the rider's right.

[​IMG]

Coming down that shoot & aiming for the back straight

[​IMG]

How about a shot of that new section looking from the old T11

[​IMG]

Close up of the new pavement from the entrance to show the quality of the seam

[​IMG]

Close up of the new pavement from the exit

[​IMG]

And the hard pack that was added to the end of the curbing at the exit of T9

[​IMG]

That's it for now. I took some 40 pictures of the "old chicane" the dip, the pavement irregularities through that old section & other angles of the new layout but I think this gives the best riders perspective.

:Pop:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  2. tk ftfw

tk ftfw PanartMedia

nice! this makes riding @ cali 10x better!!

3. P 51 Jockey

P 51 Jockey Well-Known Member

It still sux.

4. Gehr

Gehr whAt mE woRRy?

You ride it?

5. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Thanks. I guess I don't see it as that much different. I'm sure it looks different in person.

6. Gehr

Gehr whAt mE woRRy?

I did the bump post as I saw you were hanging out SS.
    Took the pictures from the exit of T9 pretty much were I begin to aim for the chicane. It is way different thru T10/11 now as you almost have a straight shot through there. If you are over where the dip is (off to the left in my picture coming out of T9) you are way, way off line. Being out there would be a crappy place to pass as well. Now that section of track feels more like the esses at Buttonwillow than a chicane without even that much right/left bike movement to get through there. Most of the feedback I got from riders that day was positive. I felt it was OK though I never really had problems in that old section as I was always focused on a precise line through there & made sure that front wheel was lifting just in case...

7. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I've only been to the track once and that was at the start of this year. But at that part of the track sometimes I would just stay left until there was no more pavement to stay left on. It was a straight shot for me and there were no cones in the way like your shot shoes. Was I off line? I don't think so as it was a straight shot and on my little bike (SV650) I could just stay on the gas and unweight the sit a little bit and be just fine.

8. P 51 Jockey

P 51 Jockey Well-Known Member

Yes I rode it, all day Saturday. I don't mean any digs to you (you didn't pave it) but it still sux. Plus the whole area was coned off, so I can only comment on the 8' area you let us ride on. I would have preferred to be further to the right, and yes, the left is a crappy place to pass, but you know many will try.