1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Atlanta icecapade

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by gixxerreese, Jan 30, 2014.

1. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

Why isn't anyone talking about the drivers who most likely kept speeding through the ice and crashed, which caused traffic to build up.

Also that damn climate change the Atlanta swallowed by the oceans....oh what it snowed oh.........that damn climate change making the temps colder????

2. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

1st part of your question...how do you know they were speeding? people driving slow crashed also.

2nd part of your question...huh?

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

They were runnin' from Obamacare...

Has the Atlanta climate not changed?

4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Back in the day we called that winter

5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Bush & Jesus' fault. :up:

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Henceforth it shall be known Seasonal Migration Of Thermal Energy, or SMOTE.

7. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I'm not necessarily supporting it, but there is a hypothesis floating around the scientific community that says what we've called "global warming" may actually be a natural process related to the ocean conveyor belt (no airplane jokes, please). The hypothesis states that as ice from the northern ocean retreats, there is less cooling effect on the ocean conveyor, meaning warmer water at the top does not cool and fall to the bottom. Slowing, possibly (eventually), stopping the conveyor. If the ocean conveyor stops, then the atmosphere cools because warm water from the ocean floor no longer rises as fast, cools dramatically and suddenly, big parts of the planet are in an ice age.

Its an interesting theory.

Best explanation I can find is from 2004, but there's other data out there.

http://science1.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2004/05mar_arctic/

I'm told the scientific name for ocean conveyor belt is "thermohaline circulation". Sounds so much more official and technical.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

What I see is how all that post 9-11 money on disaster prep was wasted. A state can't deal with ice is gonna be more fuct if some jihadi nukes himself one day.

9. Lawn Dart

What if he turns over an ice truck on 285? :D

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Man, DHS better monitor large ice purchases!

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Too focused on the Gixxer thread.... Nice name BTW!

12. gixxerreese

Its an assumption they may have been driving under the speed limit I mean speeding for road conditions. Places that don't get this weather you will be surprised how uneducated people can be.

Second part I was poking fun at man made global warming nuts who think paying money for carbon emissions is gonna help.

13. gixxerreese

I agree with this our sun also has a ton of stuff to do with it I am making fun of the people who believe its us and nothing else.

14. gixxerreese

It has changed but it was supposed to be underwater not frozen but in the ocean. Al Gore is out spotting man bear pig somewhere at this moment.

15. RR558

RR558 Well-Known Member

Wasn't that theory in Al's movie ?

16. Lawn Dart

You mean Al Gore? Cuz, if so, that's the reason I have no idea... :D

I've heard it before through other, more authoritative, sources... Like NASA.

17. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Yes.

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Who in hell believes it is ONLY us?

19. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

20. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa