1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask me about my El-Camino. Seriously

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Oct 28, 2022.

1. sdg

sdg *

That thing is an abomination.

2. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

Her name is Josephine. The cops call her the other one:rolleyes:

3. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Is that the truck from Jeepers Creepers?

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

"Rusty Gold" is what these cars are. I still haven't decided, but still thinking shitty on the outside, nice on the inside.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Nope.

5axis likes this.
  6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

After seeing the pics again, I'm in the "fixing the outside camp."
    Some of the rusty crusty builds look cool, but that one is too far gone for that look. I think it will be in the "I don't have the funds or the knowledge to fix it" camp. It's too nice of a car for that :D

5axis likes this.
  7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I think the "patina" thing will go out of style, a restore or resto-mod will always be in style. Even just an interior restoration will be expensive and time-consuming. I would redo the whole car and have something that would retain its value and be easy to sell when the time comes.

Banditracer likes this.
  8. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

The thing is already at a looks deficit, why would you handicap it further? :D

969 likes this.
  9. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Oh man, drove my 64 El Camino from LA to DC and back with my CZ 250 in the back to take a clerkship, in 74, my last year in law school, then back to DC again to take a job there after graduation. Lift up the passenger side rug to see the ground. Air shocks would hold pressure only 15 minutes or so. It’d get two gears fairly often, which meant, you aren’t going anywhere until you crawl under and “adjust” things. But it was a 283 2 barrel 3 speed stick, super tall rear end gear ratio, it’d roll high 70’s at—help me here, this was 48 years ago—2600 rpm, fast enough I pitched 3-4 retreads off at speed, and cheap enough it got circa 20 mpg if you bubble footed it. And, when no one was looking, it was kinda fun, it actually got all the way around the International track at Indian Dunes after a night race, and delivered me and a bike, and gave me a place to sleep, at race tracks all over the country. It had a faded Earl Scheib $29.95 paint job, whitewalls (sometimes), and it was my full on race truck before I could afford proper race vans. And as you may have gathered, it had lots of junky patina. A race truck made for a broke single racer guy in his early 20’s, who would go on a race weekend provisioned only with a 3 lb. jar of peanut butter, a loaf of bread, and a bunch of bananas, and a couple sixers. But man, am I glad that thing is gone!! Couldn’t imagine starting over now, as a grownup, with something far worse. For me, that stuff can stay in the past. Give me sano resto’s.

10. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I have a July 1995 Classic Auto Restorer magazine that covers the 59 and 60 chevy's. Pm me your address and I'll mail it you if you decide to jump in the deep end on this project.

YamahaRick likes this.
  11. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

[​IMG]

Hello, brother. Nice to meet you.

12. Linker48X

Yo!

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Mud flaps!

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  14. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

What is the grey and red thing that appears to be connected to the black cap, on the rear fuel container? Some kind of pump, I'm guessing? Looks interesting...
    Nice rear trailer hitch rack also! Who made it?
    Great 'action' picture of your ride, btw.

15. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

16. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

That's pretty effin sweet. :clap:

17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

An SS clone that'll likely command original SS prices?
    Pfft. I'd rather a (near) complete roller with no drivetrain, or Probable Cause (it's perfect). :D

18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

"It's a fuckin' red car Jack!" :D

19. repoe3

repoe3 Member

TERA PUMP Next Gen Rain-Proof Gas Fuel Pump with 4.25-ft Long Discharge hose, Battery Electric Siphon Pump with Auto Stop System for Car Trucks Fuel Cells Tractor Generators Snow blower https://a.co/d/f89WAZa

20. Linker48X

Robby-Bobby! what's the status on your '59 El Camino? Let's see some pics?