1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are carbon fiber wheels legal to race in wera, slipper clutch?

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Lifedge7.com, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All depends on what you're looking at. I don't know many if any Novices that can't have a good expert jump on their equipment and go much faster. See it all the time when novices lend bikes or they run an endurance race on the same equipment.

I think the main point is that as a beginner, you will not be riding your equipment to it's utmost so worry about it is silly. Just keep learning to go faster on whatever it is you've got.

2. Lifedge7.com

Lifedge7.com 996sidefx were huge traps

I kinds see what yall are both saying because I think at my level I would be way faster on a 675 than a 1199 because I cannot use the power without crashing. On the other hand if my carbon wheels makes my bike turn in faster and my slipper clutch give me a sorta safety net then I'm sure more speed might be a byproduct.

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the 675 will enable you to run more classes. I would imagine the 1199 would eat more tires. If you have the fitness to do more than 3-4 races... Id be rocking the 675. The CF wheels wont really make much of a difference in performance other than if you have an off track excursion.

4. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

for what its worth, I have carbon fiber wheels on a zx10r superbike.

I actually went slower on that bike with carbon wheels (vs. carrozzeria wheels) and slicks because i was so scared to wad up some pricey wheels. I am not fast enough where the goodies make noticeable difference in time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The CF wheels won't make a difference on a 998 for sure for 99% of riders. But they are pretty cool. I want some for the Hyper :D

6. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

I got some on the 1198s also.

It sets great lap records on the way to starbucks! :D

7. Lifedge7.com

Lifedge7.com 996sidefx were huge traps

Ok Mongo do you want to buy a carbon wheel it is beautiful.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ha! Wish I could :D

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Blah blah blah, who cares about your wheels?

I care about those brakes! Good gawd, grab a handful of those and you risk smashing your gut up into your skull. :D Me likey

10. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

You should also see the billet Ap racing master that G. Maloney set me up with!

11. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

Those are nice, I got a couple from him also. :up:

12. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Are the AP's comparable to the high end brembo units orbare they on par?

13. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I think the important thing here is just to come race it. It will have multiple classes.

14. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

you get more bang for the buck with AP. I would say that they are very comparable..i have brembo billet monoblock (32/36 billet gp, not the endurance)
    on my 1198s with the best master that brembo makes (19x18 billet, same as used in motogp)...These feel right on par, but are a lot less expensive.

These also have ti pistons options (same as the high brembos)

The after purchase support has also been great:
    I bought these brakes on impulse from geoff maloney, with no idea what to put them on. (along with the gas forks from Chris Peris' wss bike, from traxxion)
    they sat in my workshop for about a year. When my mechanic was trying to put them on, he ran into a problem. He called geoff and was helped step by step...even when the purchase took place years ago!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That calls for a curse of some sort. Just on general principle. I gotta look up some voodoo shit.

16. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

I bought some carbon fiber stuff from him also, that came from a wss bike! still sitting in my workshop! too nice to put on the r6!

The weave is perfect...as good as the stuff that came on my 458 or the murci.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

FYI, that didn't help you.

18. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Dude. Seriously. STFU! I just got off the phone with with Frenchy le Farteè and he's calling his Uncle the Shaman to cast a curse on your sorry ass.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Call de gaulle back and tell him to order up the number 2 value curse. It's irish dick, the screaming shits and a four hour erection.

20. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Just for the record, I'm German from the waist down.