Aprilia RS 457

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Sep 7, 2023.

Tags:
  1. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

We were just informed that current E superstock rules will remain in place for 2024 . The RS457, CF Moto 450SS, and the Ninja 500 (451cc) will be classified as D class bikes and will not be eligible for ULW Endurance. Robem Engineering will push forward, develop the bike and race it in D class. It took a while for the Ninja 400 to get into E class so we'll see what happens once the new bigger displacement bikes gain more popularity

Last edited: May 1, 2024
  2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Which race Dad will be the first to sneak a N450 motor into their kids N400?

regularguy likes this.
  3. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

It's about 2 grand in parts to stick the 3 mil 2024 Ninja 500 stroker rotating assembly into the 400 engine. I looked into it because some ULW cheater already considered doing it

No Brakes likes this.
  4. Tristan

Shit, it'll take about 2 hours after they hit the dealers for some squid to crash one for a donor

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, just like the 400 it takes having the actual bikes show up. Currently I've seen none of those three models on track and not going to hurt a very popular class by changing the rules for a bike or bikes that could easily be dominant. Can absolutely see changing things up for 2025 if people buy the new ones and put the 400's into F like I did when the 400 came out.

6. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Not an easy time with the manufacturers not sticking with the traditional displacements, and I can only imagine it will get worse. Balancing bikes definitely not easy and not cheap to enforce! Thanks for taking the time to look into it. We'll have Hank blasting around on it in D super..

7. Tristan

Seems like most of the youtube content on the 457 is from India. FWIW one of them tested the 457 vs the Ninja "500" and the 457 was a full second faster 0-60.

8. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Mike, How do you think it would stack up against a ZX4RR or a well setup FZR400??

9. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

The chassis will be good but running with a 72hp superstock ZX4RR will be a stretch.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've gotten used to it with Ducati and KTM over the years :D

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sadly only seen two of those since they came out.