1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone need an Endurance Rider for Miller?

Discussion in 'General' started by Quig, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Quig

Quig Well-Known Member

I'll be there Thursday through Monday and it's looking like I'll just be sitting around on Saturday... unless of course someone could use and extra body to turn some laps? :D :Poke:

I'm not going to promise any lap records but I'm far from slow and I'm not a 'crasher'. I've run the last two "Toyota 200" races at Willow and finished strong so I know all about stringing together lots of fast laps. I'm also in damn good shape so I'm not going to go out there and get tired quick.;)

I'm currently racing both a ZX-6R and a ZX-10R so displacement doesn't matter! I'll ride anything!:cool:

Anyway, if anyone is interested I'd LOVE to take part and get some great practice on Saturday!:beer:

PM me if interested :D

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  2. Quig

Quig Well-Known Member

bump. :Poke:

:D

3. Felix el Gato

Felix el Gato Where's my bag of tricks

Bump for an excellent rider.

:up:

4. You might want to tell people your name, results, and laptimes at miller. Good luck finding a ride.

5. Quig

Quig Well-Known Member

Thanks J.P. :beer:

My name is Matt Quigley, I race primarily with WSMC where I have my 'Pro' license but do a little WERA racing for fun. I do 1:26's at Willow Springs big track, 1:20's at 'The Streets' of Willow and 1:54's at Buttonwillow. Like I said, no track records but very respectable. I finished 14th in last year's Toyota 200 on a 600.

Last year I showed up to Miller on a BRAND new(75miles on the bike) ZX-6RR that I'd thrown everything but the kitchen sink at and completely ruined the suspension and general set-up. Turns out the major problem was one fork tube was nearly topped off with oil but I didn't find that out till I got home.:wow: Dunlop also ran out of tires so I ran Michelin's for the first time ever. Let's just say I never got comfortable (or anythying close to it!) and I went pretty slow... I think I did 2:08's. Shitty. I did, however, have A LOT of fun riding Miller and feel like I'm ready to go faster (signifcantly maybe...) there this year.

Speaking of this year.... I'll be there on a ZX-10 and I'll be A LOT more comfortable on than I was last year that's for sure!

Anyway, if anyone needs someone to turn some laps I'd be interested. Let me know.

Anyway, I don't want to over-sell or under-sell myself. I've just seen people volunteer for endurance rides on here before and figured I'd do the same. I really don't want to spend all day Saturday spectating!;)