1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know what's going on with Kurtis Roberts.

Discussion in 'General' started by Handicapped Racer, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

:crackup:

2. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I will relate this, then refrain from anymore homeless stories....but I believe it is important, for some to see outside their own box.
    I came out from a iron maiden concert in Chicago years ago, in shitty part off town, people are piling out, so it's go time for the bums. Here come the dredges of society looking for handouts. Old nice black lady is begging, and comes up to me. Tells me a story that a young beautiful white girl hit her young daughter and killed her in a recent traffic accident. She kept saying, stressing, the white girl was beautiful, kept saying she told police it wasnt the white girls fault, please dont charge her with a crime, it was just an accident.....she was telling the story as if it was a current event.
    I am talking to her, listening for maybe 15 minutes. I am hip on pandering BS, I am listening, watching her eyes/face/etc. At a certain point I knew she was telling the truth, it was all true, but it was also apparent to me this happened decades ago.....
    I gave her a long hug and she broke down balling in my arms, she hung onto me and sobbed for several minutes. After that, she forgot about asking for money and just wanted me to hear her story, just wanted someone to care, just wanted to talk.
    the story she told, was the story of how she lost her daughter, how she mentally broke and wound up destitute.
    Never judge people.

Laz, cha0s#242, ajcjr and 8 others like this.
  3. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

After awhile one can sort out the B.S. from the truth on the streets, even at first sight.
    I'm not going into details of my own experiences but once there a part of you learns or you just don't
    I still hear, "but we were in Katrina" as far away as Phoenix. Don't tell me about hard work or tough love.
    Can loss be that long enduring and mentally crippling? Yes.
    Everyone's threshold of surrender is different.
    All is good now. Relationships repaired and awesome legitimate announcements are coming soon. Have the best job of my life now serving others. I don't give a rats ass what anyone thinks of me.
    Can I get a like or a share? Fuck that shit. Today I gave money to two of them. One was begging and.one didn't know it was me. I bought a gift certificate for food at a local greasy spoon for a old guy with no one, diagnosed with cancer. He had mac and cheese for breakfast. His daily meal. Just last week at the same place an anonymous person paid my bill. It was simply my turn.
    Can I get a like or a share? Again, fuck that shit.
    Trade shoes one day. This man deserves help without measure.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    badmoon692008, K51000 and SpeedyE like this.
  4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Fig
    Figure out how to help him and we will. If i was in his spot I'd rob a bank and if I got caught I'd have a place to stay. If i got away with it .,...

Scott S. likes this.
  5. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

Someone has to put boots on the street.

6. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

You just judged her in the appropriate way and helped her. You should say never judge people on first impressions ( unless they’re threatening you). Good work.

turner38 and SpeedyE like this.
  7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

My search and help has stalled out.

I passed the word along to people that have been close to him, however, the also haven’t been able to reach him.

Maybe his phone is off? Not sure what the WiFi situation is there.

Hoping for the best. I know a mutual friend who is extremely close to the family has made contact.

We are going to try to get him here. I’ve offered a month getaway where he can just breathe; ride some flat track, and work around the shop some.

They seem to think it will do him good. Time will tell.

I’ll update when I can and just hope that no matter what, he can find peace and move forward.

8. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update, and your efforts to help. You’re good people.

SpeedyE likes this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You know what, Robby, you're a really solid and good dude. Merry Christmas to you, you're a good egg.

10. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

If you need any help with this endeavor, give me a shout. Ill do what i can.

SpeedyE likes this.
  11. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

.....Not all who wander are lost

12. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Nice work Robby Bobby

13. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Friend has spoken to him again. He’s still having a rough go of it ad I won’t disclose details, but from what I put together, a lot of this has stemmed from his lack of availability to his kids.

I can’t imagine wha he’s going through and I’m certain there’s a lot more to the story, but I’m proof myself that a father will do some really dumb stuff to try to get their kids.

Can’t and won’t disclose further details, but they are going to meet up after Christmas, and for now he is safe from what I’m told.

Tha alone makes me a little happier knowing he’s not in a tent.

Just happy we have a mutual friend that is able to make contact and pass the word that people do care about him.

Happy holidays everyone!

bacolmm, j cal, Scott S. and 37 others like this.
  14. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Right on.

Cheers,

Dave

SpeedyE likes this.
  15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Once a Wanker.. and SpeedyE like this.
  16. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I’ve gotten the feeling here that Robby is potentially the nicest, coolest douche you’ll ever meet. :D

badmoon692008, SpeedyE and Stumpy like this.
  17. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I hope he gets to see or at least talk to his kids for Christmas. The thought of not being there for my kids makes me sick to my stomach

18. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

Good lookin out Robby Bobby

19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Its how bitches end up in ditches.

20. superdino

superdino Naturally aspirated twin-turbo

Good to hear some better news finally

K51000 and SpeedyE like this.