1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Know Smartsheets?

Discussion in 'General' started by worthless, Dec 22, 2020.

1. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I'm trying to put automation into task status for a column formula.

If % Complete =100% or if % Complete not equal to 100% and finish date ("Finish) is more than 15 days out, I want the status to be green. If % Complete not equal to 100% and finish date is less than 15 days out, I want the status to be yellow. If % Complete <> 100% and finish date is < today, I want the status to be red.

I can't seem to nail the syntax and I keep getting #incorrect argument. Not sure if I just have parens out of place.
    =IF(OR([% Complete]@row = "100%", AND([% Complete]@row <> "100%", Finish@row > TODAY() + 15)), "Green", AND([% Complete]@row <> "100%", Finish@row < TODAY()), "Red", "Yellow")

2. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

I don't know Smartsheets, but I do well with Excel.

Is the formula matching characters or a number? If the former, then I assume having it look for '100%' would be accurate. If the latter, then you should have it be looking to match '100'.

3. worthless

Thanks. I tried "100%", "100", and 100. All with the same results.

4. worthless

I just realized that Smartsheets sees 100% as 1. Got that figured out and just added another color to represent complete. Much easier.

=IF([% Complete]@row = 1, "Blue", IF(Finish@row < TODAY(), "Red", IF(Finish@row < TODAY() + 15, "Yellow", "Green")))