1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know how to convert a file?

Discussion in 'General' started by volcomrr, Feb 9, 2010.

1. volcomrr

volcomrr BUDDY

Yes I used the search feature, but came up with nothing really

Trying to convert a .mp4 to play in windows movie player.... .mp4 don't play so well on my comp, and I don't like apple programs anyway (I think it's apple) like quicktime player. Thanks in advance :up:

2. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

3. caferace

caferace No.

Wait until about 10pm PST. There is usually a tutorial and offer for software here. :crackup:

-jim

4. volcomrr

volcomrr BUDDY

that went over my head.... thanks jim

up.... I think I got it after a few minutes, SPAM! ???? :eek:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  5. funfetti

funfetti Banned

VLC player!

6. caferace

caferace No.

Indeed. Like clockwork.. :D

-jim

7. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

WTF? I gave you a link to the best fricken transcoder on the planet (FREE EVEN!) and no thanks? No, eff you dick! Nothing!?

I see how it is...

:D

8. caferace

caferace No.

Mannnn. Once you get free of the yoke of underemployment you get very demanding.

Poor Corissa. :D

-jim

9. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

handbrake is THE BEST converting program out there.

however, i would try and direct you into getting the vlc media player. once you start using it, you'll be hooked...

10. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I agree, VLC is the best player out there. Will play just about EVERY format without having to install additional codec's

11. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

nah, I don't ask for much. A sharp knife, fresh steak and glutinous amounts of bacon! I'm pretty easy :p

12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Gluey bacon?

Eeeew....

13. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

damn! I h8 me! :(

14. volcomrr

volcomrr BUDDY

I've got VCL player, and ive tried it in that, quicktime, and few other players and it's just not playing right.

I was waiting to see if it was legit and would work, I thought I was gonna be clicking on some '2 guys 1 cup' sort of stuff with the name "HandBrake"

but I downloaded it and it's working (slowly) so EFFF YOU CANNOLI!

:moon: Just kiddin, much appreciated cannoli!

Oh yea, it's not just this video Im trying to watch, it's also been happening with my GoProHD videos, so I'll be using this to convert them too!

15. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I wouldn't send you to some nasty video... now a "Rick Rolled" link? Yeah, I'd do that! :D

Handbrake is the shizzz!! Better then the $300 commercial jobbers!

Transcoding video takes time. Sometimes frame per frame (5 minutes of video = 5 minutes of transcoding time), sometimes much faster. All depends on the source, desired format and CPU speed. Just load a bunch up in the queue, start it up and go to sleep :up:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  16. volcomrr

volcomrr BUDDY

man, my comp. must be slow then (4.5 yrs old with college stuff all in it)

it's saying and estimated time of 7hrs for a 48min. supercross lites vid

17. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

VLC media player

18. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

19. volcomrr

volcomrr BUDDY

AHHHH!!!!! VCL is working perfectly so far

I thought I had VCL but i guess i didn't, I have the FVL player.... but thanks Cannoli, I'll use "handbrake" for my GoPro Vids.

Thanks fellas! :up: I thought I was gonna flip if I didn't get to see some kind of motorcycle racing this week.

20. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

KMPLAYER ownz