1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone get that stimulus check yet?

Discussion in 'General' started by fastedyamaha, Apr 13, 2020.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

They want this money spent on the economy and business (hooker and blow). they know you'll spend yours on donkeys and buttons.

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. BC

BC Well-Known Member

The PPP app should be 2 pages. The only paperwork they should need is payroll reports from 2019. If they are asking for more then the bank is the ones making you jump through hoops not the SBA

3. joec

joec brace yourself

There are actually grant programs for artists that help to offset disaster scenarios.. They are sending grants out currently for this. So figure there's some double doing there as well.. Those grants however are taxable but it's easy to be an artist and run at a loss. Nea grants might be gone, but there are a few very philanthropic organisations privately supporting the arts.

4. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

She paints pictures of his clothes. Seriously. She has no employees and is married to/lives with a WH advisor. They're worth tens of millions combined. I'd bet her business is used as a tax deduction on their personal returns.
    They simply took the money because it was free and I don't know how you could argue otherwise.
    Pure unethical greed by insiders, but as they say the rich don't stay rich by writing checks. Ruths Chris took $20M and got publicly shamed into returning it. Think she will?

5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Gee...something that leaks sewage coming out of DC.
    Whoda thunk it?

6. joec

joec brace yourself

Ok.... I'm not arguing anything here. What I'm saying is there are really easy grants to get right now if you're a working artist. It doesn't matter if you paint clothes, arrange fimo bird sculptures, or throw. Lots of people have money invested in shows that were cancelled or postponed, and people who responded to calls for work.

So my point was, there are other more worrisome issues with people in these situations taking money from artists who actually need the cash. Which I wouldn't be surprised if that was happening.

But the blame should fall onto the people who did a shit job of writing and passing that bill. Not the people taking advantage of an easy handout. Which don't get me wrong, sucks too.

7. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Keep checking. I had the same message until today. They needed my bank info to process it now.

code3ryder likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And the fakes look like real checks, banks take them. I'm not saying yours is or isn't but the fakes really are that good.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

His Adjusted Gross may be totally different than yours.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They needed/wanted verification that Evelyne was the sole owner so they wanted the articles of incorporation and bylaws. No clue why but the one guy I dealt with was fine with the K-1 from taxes but he was told to get more. He said the bank loans he handles it would have been more than enough.

Dunno either way, got it in and done and jumped through the hoops.

Also just put our bank account into the IRS site as I finally didn't get the error page.

code3ryder likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, as I was catching up here I went to the IRS site and it worked.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  12. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Couldn't agree more. That was my point, but I wasn't limiting it exclusively to artists. There's a lot of people out there that genuinely need the money and I feel like they got screwed by people who knew how to game the system.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Welcome to reality. Now back away from the politics line.... :D

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Mine finally updated today.

15. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

A husband of a customer of mine in MA, was one of the folks that got over 8 million injected into his and his wive's bank account last week. It was gone quicker than it took for someone to take their phone call.

16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Glad you finally got thru. We still haven't gotten the message saying when it will go in, been a week today since bank info got accepted.

17. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Glad you got it squared away.

Now if I could only get the "Status unavailable" to go away.

18. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

im able to log in. my wife and I filed jointly. but asks for each individual tax info. if we do it jointly we are under 198,000 . as individuals im under 75k and shes over 75k . ?????

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It is all based on how you filed your taxes. We did joint in 18 so once I put in my info it had hers handled as well.

cyclocrossfool likes this.
  20. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

your right. we filed jointly for 2018. and when I entered just my gross income the number was incorrect. I then entered our jointly income it went thru. said we would get some jingle. we will see.