1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone ever rent an RV?

Discussion in 'General' started by acorn27, Nov 8, 2020.

1. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Looking to rent an RV in Las Vegas with the wife & 4 kids, do a big loop (Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Arches NP, Bryce NP, Zion NP, etc).

An RV seems like a cool way to go, can travel and camp along the way.

Any horror stories? Or referrals for places to go with out of Vegas?

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

used to do it through RV share as peer to peer. CruiseAmerica is another option but a lil more money.
    RV share has all the documents but when renting a private coach make sure everything works or you might get
    into a dispute with the lessor.
    Just FYI rentals are extremely hot at the moment so Id check around well in advance of your dates.

3. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I knew a guy who rented a small RV for a trip to a nascar race . Damn thing was invested with Bed bugs . He got bit a bunch of times while sleeping , got extremely sick , spent almost two weeks in the hospital. I would NEVER rent one after hearing that story :confused:

4. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

watch the movie RV with Robin Williams

5. acorn27

Nice, I was checking out the RVshare site. Basically an AirBnB for RVs. Just like AirBnB I like that you can contact the owner and read reviews from prior renters.

6. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I rented a small travel trailer though Outdoorsy for a weekend. Worked out well. Guy had a small business renting about 6 of them out and was very nice and the trailer was in great shape. As others have said, they are very popular right now so book well in advance.

7. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Not sure where you live or when you’re looking to do this trip but the sierras are getting poihnded with snow right now so might want to check what will be open, if you’re looking to go soon.

8. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

I'm going to do most of what you mentioned, next year....Grand Canyon, then to Zion, then Bryce, then Moab area for Arches, Canyonland N.P. and Dead Horse Point State Park.....but I'm taking my own camper.....

[​IMG]

Lawdog78 likes this.
  9. acorn27

This would likely be in early to mid June, so hopefully the snow would be minimal.