1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody Seen Act of Valor?

Discussion in 'General' started by CorollaDude, Mar 13, 2012.

1. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

The trailer rocks, just wonder about the film.

2. povol

povol Well-Known Member

I went opening weekend was looking for a backdoor exit by the end of the movie. Having a son In SF, this movie really hit my wife and i emotionally. What these guys do, what they are capable of doing, and what they are willing to sacrifice is beyond my comprehension. First off, its not going to win any Academy awards, these guys are trained SEALS, not actors. Once you get past that, it works, at least it did for me.They say whats in the action shots is all things that have taken place in actual SEAL missions. The movie is not Hollywood, if anything its anti Hollywood. It does not shine the US armed forces in a negative light. It shines the light on the real world of terrorism, the real threats of open borders and the real dangers and evil that some pretend,or hope dont exist. There are no guns with endless clips and barrel melting shoot outs, more like tap tap your dead. It shows a bunch of well rounded, every day guys who can go from daddy to your worst fucking nightmare at the flip of a switch. Like i said, its not going to win any awards, but it sure as hell enforced my admiration for our boys in uniform.

3. Lean.In.

Lean.In. Well-Known Member

I read the book. Awesome. Movie is a bit different from what I've heard but I will definitely see it.....

4. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Everyone I've talked to so far really liked it. I want to see it in the next couple of weeks.

5. Trev230EX

Trev230EX Put me in coach

Saw it Saturday night last weekend. One of the best movies I've seen. Very real and very emotional. Half the theater was crying at the end.

Action scenes are very detailed. I read a bunch of forums after watching the movie and all the seals guys said the code words, call signs, etc.. they used were all real and exact.

Supposedly it was partially funded by seals or something like that.

Either way it was very worth seeing in the theater

6. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

I don't think it was funded by them. Apparently the West Coast contingent of SEAL's does a fair amount of consulting on military movies and shows out there on the side.

7. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Thanks all! Well said. Yep, I hope it's gonna be on Blu Ray. I read the producer and directors let the SEALs do the movie layout themselves. I've met a couple of them and they are the best and that's coming from a former Marine.

8. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Talked with a friend of mine from college over Homecoming last year. He graduated a year behind in 95. I didn't realize after graduation instead of commissioning, he enlisted and went into the SEAL's. He's been in the SEAL's ever since. Just got back from England. Guy is amazing. Humble as hell, too.

9. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

The producer is Mike McCoy. Dude rode the Baja 1000 solo...on a bike. Bunch of tough dudes associated with that movie.

10. SupermotoFan

SupermotoFan deep Clothing Company

Yup. Mike "Mouse" McCoy.

:beer:

11. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

Mouse macoy is part of it, and as a motorcyclist you must see it because of him. He's a badass in every sense.

12. Steve C

Steve C Mostly working.

povol summed it up well. I thought the highlighting of team and family showed a lot of insight.

Steve

13. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Cool. I was kinda on the fence on this one, hoping it wasn't a total mess, but sounds like it's worth a view.

14. BHakalaw

BHakalaw Well-Known Member

Saw it opening weekend as well. Although I have no specific military experience, I thought the movie was VERY well done. Raised a lot of questions about how things actually work in the military and special forces (because I have never had those experiences), but as a casual observer, it was WELL worth my buck for the entertainment. I can't wait till it comes out on Video, as I look forward to seeing it again! :up::up:

15. goodmatt78

goodmatt78 Well-Known Member

I saw it last weekend. Great movie. I was absolutely amazed by the integration of different technologies and the complete synergy of the teams and resources.

It also really makes you put thing in perspective. We left the movie and my wife asked what I thought. I replied, "I am nothing but a big P&$$Y."

16. Aaron71

Aaron71 BEEMER

Well Said! :up:

17. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

I'm a little confused regarding the format, is it fictional or documentary?

18. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

I was working security last night at the theater and walked in the movie the last half hour. Needless to say I watched it in amazement. Great movie.

19. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Well put.

20. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

I saw Act of Valor last weekend. I was in tears the last 20 minutes. Definitely puts normal life in perspective. It actually is seriously making me rethink some choices and consider some others....