1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody know a lot about Indian Motorcycles?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jed, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Jed

Jed mellifluous

A friend has a 2002 Indian Spirit Limited Edition, #3 of 50 made. He's trying to sell it but having a hard time finding a price guide. Regular spirits look to be going for 8k or so.

Anyone know a good resource to do some research and find pricing info / market for the bike?

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Probably not much out there to go on, they weren't around long and didn't sell many.

3. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Tough one....theres an Indian dealership up here in Marietta, maybe ride up one Saturday?

2002...are those the bikes with the S&S Evo Motor?.....if so, you'd probably get a ballpark looking up a HD softail, or Dyna, (Indian have dual shocks?) whichever is appropriate.

4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

The only thing a 2002 Indian has going for it is that the new Polaris built ones are supposedly really good....maybe their reputation will help fade the bad reps that all the previous failed resurrections have.

5. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I think it's the S&S motor. Waiting for pics. The Chief of the era was a pile. Not much on the Spirit. There's mention of the Centennial, but my friend swears it's a limited edition. I suppose I could ask the dealer in Gilroy. They seem to be affiliated with California Motor Co.

6. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Honda East is an Indian dealership. Might give them a call. They picked them up a couple years ago. They have their own building just for Indian.

7. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

big difference between the older "Indian" and the newer "Indians". one was a harley clone (as mentioned S&S motors) vs the polaris Indians are a whole new bike.

8. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I'm seeing that in my research. The CMC years don't look like the high point of the Indian brand.

9. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I don't know too much about them but IMHO they would be worth what any other "custom cruiser" would be these days. You could compare it to Big Dog, etc.- no warranty support, no spare parts for anything that breaks (besides the motor and transmission), etc.

10. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

In my area the Indians pre Polaris are dirt cheap.