1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody ever rode KTM LC4 Supermoto or Adventure

Discussion in 'General' started by Zanyeights, Nov 5, 2002.

1. Zanyeights

Zanyeights Well-Known Member

Both of these bikes seem pretty awesome. I am looking to do a little adventure/touring next summer. Thinking about one of these. Mostly onroad but a few fire roads and whatnot. Any intelligent input would be sweet. Any other recomendations? Thanks.

2. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

The LC4 powerplant vibrates too much for my taste. I would guess that for long periods in the saddle it would not be what you want. That is all I have experienced from my brief ride on one.

Oh & the one I was test riding was blowing oil mist from somewhere up top on the motor:rolleyes:

I'll take my cheaper Suzuki DRZ400E over the KTM any day.......:cool:

3. Zanyeights

Zanyeights Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. I will keep that in mind.

4. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

They do vibrate a bit but weighted bar ends or gel bar inserts help out a good bit. I had a green duke 2 that was fun a shit to ride if you know how to motard right. That thing was a straight up hooligan bike in the mountains. Wheelies outta the turns and then throw it in sideways. I almost wish I had kept it now. Had a ton of torque. I once rode straight thru to Burnsville North Carolina with a backpack on and as long as you kept it relatively wound up it didn't put your cods to sleep.:D