1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

No. Back to ATL. The plan is PHL, NYC, ATL unless NYC bails.

Its a mess as my plan got torpedoed and no Im redoing some stuff.

But hoping i can find a swatch or 3.

Boman Forklift and DucatiBomber like this.
  2. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I know how to get them at the Times Square boutique. PM me if you are going to be there and I can give you some tips. Be prepared to stand line for a long time.

FYI, there have been durability issues with these watches. They are plastic after all. The pushers seem to break off easily. I wouldn’t gift one to someone if you expect it to be a keepsake.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Thank you for that info. I thought they looked great in pictures. I wouldn’t mind owning one and figured it would be a nice gift.

Have you heard if that is just how it is, or are there plans to fix whatever is fragile? $500 for a watch that can’t last a year doesn’t sound like a good idea for a gift.

4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Lol what did people expect ? It's a cheap Swatch wit Omega written on it. People are such suckers for branding...

5. SteveThompson

You just have to remember they are a $280 plastic toy watch. I think they’re fun. I have 4 of them. You just have to know you are not getting a Speedmaster for 5% of the price of a real one.

I just saw the blue ones have been staining people’s wrists. Swatch has indicated they are going to stop making that one. Collectors item baby! Haha

DucatiBomber and Boman Forklift like this.
  6. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Anyone here ever buy Horus straps?

7. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Which one, Neptune? I'm heading over to Minneapolis next week figured I'd pop in amd see what they have. Are they still limiting people to one per transaction?

8. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

So after reading your post something I saw now makes a lot of sense.
    Not sure if anyone here uses StockX but I find it really interesting to watch pricing in the resale market.

StockX track the trends of pricing and give a price as to what something should sell for . Most of the Omega X Swatch are trading / selling at around $315 to $350 in the Resale market but the Neptune version is selling at $1,900!!!

https://stockx.com/search/accessories?s=swatch x omega

9. KCFirebolt

KCFirebolt Large man. Little bike.

Was at a party last night, and the host, who had just retired, was wearing a Chronoswiss Delphius Jump Hour that his wife had given him as a retirement gift. I thought it was gorgeous, and the action when it changed the hour was just like the host described: "like a switchblade". Pretty sure it's the first watch with true (at least I think it was true) guilloche on the dial I've ever seen in the wild. Very cool.

Looked just like this one, but his had a walnut alligator strap. Chronoswiss Delphis Jump Hour Men's Automatic In Steel (essential-watches.com)

10. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I haven’t worn a watch in 35 years but that is a cool piece

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

LOL, I haven't' worn one since I got a cell phone, back around 98/99. Although I think at this point I would wear a nice one on occasion.

DucatiBomber and RonR like this.
  12. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Buy a Seiko at that price and you will take it to the grave lol

Jedb likes this.
  13. peakpowersports

Mall of America is out. Just landed and drove over. The girl there said they get shipments daily usually around 2pm and will get between 15 and 80 depending on the day. Said it takes a few hrs. to sell out.

I have a meeting at 2pm and figured I'd run back through after. Here till Friday so i have 3 cracks at it.

DucatiBomber, Jedb and SteveThompson like this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, ordered an orange version of my blue Citizen just to match my Bengals jersey for drunken football watching at the bar :crackup:

It was easier than getting a new battery in the Nicky Tissot - and I'm less likely to damage the Nicky watch if it stays at home.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  15. SteveThompson

I absolutely stole a vintage Rolex at an estate store in Mall of America a year or two ago. I posted about it in this thread. I'll see if I can find it. You should check that place out.

16. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

i did a bad thing last night. I was looking at some shops near my hotel in Tokyo and saw some very nice pricing on some used grand seikos, omegas, etc....

I'm not sure if i wish the yen to recover or stay weak before my trip next month....

Jedb and SteveThompson like this.
  17. SteveThompson

This one. I'm pretty sure I paid $1000.

Jedb likes this.
  18. peakpowersports

That is a steal! I have a bit of time tomorrow so I'll go exploring.

19. peakpowersports

Came back before my meeting. They have everything except mercury, moon, and Neptune. Which were my top 3.

Grabbed a Mars.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2022
  20. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known