1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Motard or Flat track racers/riders Near Montgomery, AL?

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, May 24, 2012.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Dude, you would go great there. Just dont crash me like at Barber a few years back:)

And knowing how you ride, you WILL make some $$$:) again, as long as you dont crash!:crackup:

2. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Looks like fun! Wish it was closer I would bring out the Husky.

3. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

Rob, you might remember the MARS (Motorcycle Asphalt Race Series) from the mid-late nineties.....some of these other whipper snappers wouldn't.

Flat trackers riding oval paved tracks.

Some cool photos/video/info here:
    http://www.racerreunion.org/102.html

If you look in the photo album, you can see some of the names that were running in it - Bostrom, Springsteen, Coolbeth.

A friend's son - national number at the time - got hurt bad doing one of these. Shoulda stuck to the dirt.

4. sfox11c

sfox11c New Member

Hay Bales or Air Fence

How wide is the track what provisions are going to be along the walls. Are they concrete walls are guard rails

5. breezy619

breezy619 Well-Known Member

I'll be running Goodyears. What compound do you run? I have CD5s on my bike now, but I'm pretty sure they will take a beating at a track like that. What kind of pressures do you run? I've never run asphalt on a dirt tracker so this is all new to me.

6. Robby-Bobby

hey shane, i saw ya in Springfield:)

The track is SUPER wide. Like 4 lane car wide and we have seen a few wrecks unfortunately but the "groove" is on the bottom and nobody has slid anywhere near the walls at any of the tracks.

This is kinda run what ya brung outlaw so there is not any airfence or haybales.

the cars will also be running that night so we are kinda a side show except the crowds always flock to us bikes for questions and autographs....
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hpoe to see ya there man. its always a good time:)

7. Robby-Bobby

5 on the front and we have run all 3 compounds and the 5 works the best for sure if you are riding a single.

If you are on a twin then might want an 8 if you want it to last....

this track is VERY smooth so it wont tear the tire up like an abrasive track.

I start at 20psi and go from there. Bring your steel shoe. it dont hurt them.

8. sfox11c

sfox11c New Member

how is Sammy

Hey Rob how is Sammy I looked on Flattrack.com to see if anybody posted any news on him or Nicole but I didn't see anything. I watched the video of the crash on youtube this morning looks like Sammy got the worst of it.

9. Robby-Bobby

Sore as hell:( but ok. Harley took a good hit but nothing major(i hope) and Nichole broke her lower back and will be in bed for a month.

10. Robby-Bobby

Bump!!! Less than a week till some good racing:)

11. iceman017

iceman017 alive and kicking

Bump for Rob and what will definitely be fun! wish I could make it... little too far :)

12. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Hey, Rob,

You people still got your heads above the water?

13. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

crap got a ktm 550 or whatever it is motard in montgomery, but I'll be on tour that day.