1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any BMW auto techs on the beeb?

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Dec 21, 2022.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Oh...that's the fancy laser units. I was talking simple halogen beams with articulation. Even worse for you. Hit something hard with it and maybe it will be fixed when they put new headlights on it.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Get a couple of these and stick ‘em to the hood.

[​IMG]

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Are you serious? $6500 per headlight. That is in US$?

4. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Does BMW just send their off lease cars straight to the scrapyard?

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

No..after sucking the life blood out of the first person, that isn't using the lease as a tax write off for a business, they'll usually sucker them into paying for it again and buying out the lease or sit it on the lot and get someone else to pay top dollar for it by taking a glance at it and slapping a CPO label on the car.

pickled egg likes this.
  6. bradd15

bradd15 Well-Known Member

Ok so before I start looking (used) what year M models with manual tranny have the least amount of issues (M3, M4, M2)?

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

They are made in my beloved krautland, they all have issues. Lol

What years are you interested in? What’s most important to you, the speed of the newer ones, more HP, or the better more connected driving feeling of the older ones?

8. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Glad mine has the S63……

Whew…. that was close.

9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Anything after E46 looks like crap.

that’s not opinion, it’s fact.

10. Boman Forklift

The E46 M3 does look great. I owned the E36 M3 and it drove great but definitely didn’t look as nice.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Have you seen the 1M? You need to get your glasses adjusted.

12. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I refuse to comply with the krauts new money grab...errrr...naming scheme. 1M? It sounds like M1 and makes me think of a tank. Besides erryone knows 1 series BMW's are bottom line, base crap. If its not an M3 I'm not interested. Old stuff is better.

GETOFF MY LAWN!!!

well snow technically now, but you get the point.

:D

13. Boman Forklift

While I wouldn’t mind owning one, the rear section looks a little odd.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Prices on those went insane for awhile.

BMW did one of my favorite designs of all time with the M coupe. Not a particularly good looking car but for some reason it’s gorgeous to me. But that was like 70 years ago and all that shit. :D

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not saying it's pretty. I'm saying it looks cool AF. Not unlike the clown shoe Dave is talking about above, in a way, but that one is downright ugly. Fantastic. I love both.

16. bradd15

bradd15 Well-Known Member

Its mainly the feel and the fact that other cars of similar style (for me at least) have all moved to auto or manu-matic trannys. The new TLX Type S specs look good but no manual so its a pass.

17. Boman Forklift

Yea, I like shifting too. From what I understand the last 2 or 3 generations of BMW's and even the M cars, have steering that doesn't feel good like the old ones. My old 95 E36 M3 felt so good, it helped me decide to sell my old 930 Turbo.

If you want feel but don't need a 4 door, I have a Lotus you need to come over and drive. Tyler also has an old E39M5 with a blower making 540HP, and I'm sure he would let you take a spin.

18. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Steering is garbage since the switch to drive by wire.... Garbage

Boman Forklift likes this.
  19. Boman Forklift

Yet Porsche, which also supposedly don't feel as good as they used to, are doing well with the electric stuff? I did get to drive a GT3 at a Porsche experience a few years ago and it was very nice.

However, I like the steering feel in my Lotus a lot more.

20. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Eff those greenies and their boring ass dreams of higher mpg.

Gorilla George likes this.