1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another car thread. Wanting a sports car. Which one?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, May 26, 2022.

1. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

What is this grocery getter doing in a sports car thread ? :D

Phl218 and Gorilla George like this.
  2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

He has to get to Kroger in a hurry so no one else gets any water.

cha0s#242 and Gorilla George like this.
  3. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

They would look better in red, otherwise nice ride.

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

But red would equal regular brakes, these are the badass Carbon ceramics. For a lot of years you could only get them in Yellow and in the past year or so they do allow color changes.

I bet deviated stitching in the interior and seatbelts in Yellow would have looked good with those calipers.

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. :stupid:

The Jag has red calipers. They do look good for sure.

But I am SO glad the guys convinced me to keep these yellow. I have always like black with yellow (I used to have a Gixxer 750 that was black/yellow).

After seeing them IRL, I wouldn’t change the color of the calipers if I could. I think they are badass and make it stand out.

6. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Get a ticket yet? :D

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'm leaving the house now. I bet I can get one before he does.

8. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

He should get a ticket for those wheels. Good gawd they're more girlie-lookin' than a Miata. Which flower were they trying to emulate? Pansies, daisies...?
    <running for cover>
    :D

Just kidding. They're not more girlie-lookin'...they are the most girlie-lookin'. :eek:
    :crackup:

Yes. I said what y'all were collectively thinkin'. Those wheels suck. Sorry, Chris, but I'm sure you can appreciate the brutal honesty.

No criticism can be taken seriously without also offering an alternative. Literally, figuratively and virtually, anything from BBS would be the ultimate and only improvement necessary. Think Carrera S.
    See if you can get Jerry to swap them out...he owes ya big time. ;)

9. I like the wheels. I intentionally chose them when I spec’ed the car. I have no need or desire to change them.

BTW. I couldn’t change them if I wanted to. They are wider than regular Cayenne Turbo wheels. They are specific to the Turbo GT.

BigBird likes this.
  10. It’s funny you mention that because the very first day I got the Bacon Turbo, I got pulled over for speeding. So the wife was like “Let’s try to get through today without being pulled over” :crackup:

11. fastfreddie

I didn't want to post about them, but I couldn't restrain myself. You liking them has everything over my opinion.

12. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

You take it off any sweet jumps yet?

cha0s#242 and vfrket like this.
  13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Did you name it yet? C’mon man, we have been all in on this journey.

14. Yes.

Pete. :D

At first it was gonna be Maverick, but the wife has a hard time pronouncing that.

Mavericks “real name” in the movie is Pete.

So that kinda got it started. Then after that I swear we started seeing “Pete” EVERYWHERE.

That same night we were watching a show and there was a bar in it called “Pete’s place”.

She was like “The Universe is telling us Pete”. :D

The very next night we started watching a movie and the main character was named Pete.

Then we finished the 2nd season of “The Punisher” and his name is Pete.

She was like “That’s it, there have been too many signs”. :crackup:

So it’s Pete the Porsche. :D

thrak410 and Yzasserina like this.
  15. :crackup:

Not yet, I haven’t even put it in “Sport” or “Sport Plus” yet, and I damn sure haven’t pressed the red “Sport Response” button that gives you 20 seconds of apeshittedness.

The wife was with me all day so I took it easy.

I’ll go play in the mountains tomorrow while she is better her hair did.

BigBird likes this.
  16. Boman Forklift

Like you have taste? :D Didn’t you want to spend 20k painting an old 7.3 Ford Diesel?

17. fastfreddie

Considering it has zero emissions BS - from the factory, four leather captain's chairs - from the factory, the under-stressed/nearly indestructible 7.3 - from the factory and the only new truck I've been chasing for years is no longer available in the configuration I was after, yes, I'm willing to spend $20K on a needed, high-quality paint job. I'm willing to spend another $20K or so on suspension, engine/drivetrain upgrades and accessories, too.
    $40K and I have a truck for the next twenty years that kicks ass just the way I like to see ass kicked...thoroughly. :D
    Nothing new could even compare so, arguably, I save myself $50K+ by painting it, etc.
    ;)

Dan Dubeau and Gorilla George like this.
  18. Boman Forklift

If you say so. I owned a 7.3 Ford and then I owned a Duramax with an Allison.

Da Cheby drives, performs, and shifts much better. The front end feels better than that Ford crap that would death wobble. It is better shifting going up and down the mountain passes with a toybox trailer, and had more power. The bad on mine was the injectors on the first gen sucked, but I heard they fixed that issue.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
  19. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Hahahaha

20. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

You do know that there are plenty of companies that make completely CUSTOM wheels for any application, RIGHT? :crackup: We need an "Opening Pandora's Box" smiley emoticon thing.