1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another car thread. Wanting a sports car. Which one?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, May 26, 2022.

1. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Yeah I think they are over using the Mustang name.
    Can't they come up with a different name.

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

3. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Bring back the Probe.

Phl218, stk0308, RichB and 2 others like this.
  4. 418

418 Expert #59

All these new cool cars anymore are just investment tools. They bare no reflection on reality of price vs. value.

Werid thing is the general motoring public seems to eat it up.

5. Only the GT one of course :)

ClemsonsR6 and BigBird like this.
  6. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I bought a brand new '93 Probe GT...Was leaving the pet store with 3 bags (100) of feeder gold fish for my pirahnnas as i was going out of town on a fishing trip and needed them for my feeder tank so the S.O. could feed them while i was gone......Driving along, 35 mph and somebody was letting a car out of the gas station...BAM...t-boned, a few donuts in the road and gold fucking fish everywhere....Had to scramble to rent a car to meet my buddies a couple hundred miles away.

It was a nice car at the time.

Damn, just read up on the Probe...I didn't know it was supposed to replace the mustang.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2023
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Considering the Pinto replaced the Mustang during the embargo days, I’d say even a rebadged Mazda was an improvement.

BigBird likes this.
  8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

The perfect wife car, a Pinto with Firestone 500 radial tires

9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

When we traded in my car on a larger family car, I got stuck with the now x-wife’s Probe 4 cylinder automatic. What an anemic POS. I wanted my Dodge Shadow 5 speed manual back.

10. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I had a '76 Pinto wagon. It came with bias ply tires. I put Semperit radials on it at the first change. WOW. I beat that POS for 140k and never really had a complaint, and yes, it did get a hole in the gas tank! :crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  11. KCFirebolt

KCFirebolt Large man. Little bike.

Finally made the deal! Brought her home two weeks ago!

In the intervening months, I had the car gone through by the Knoxville Mazda dealer. New fluids, clutch, timing belt, water pump, front struts, and rear brake caliper. Car is fully sorted, and drives like a dream. Such a great exhaust note. Better than my NB 2000 Special Edition. Two Miatas in the barn. Now to track down a 2011 NC SE PRHT that I never should have sold and a clean ND.

Attached Files:

Jed, cha0s#242, scottn and 4 others like this.
  12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That's awesome.

KCFirebolt likes this.
  13. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I've owned a few Corvettes before and wanted a C8 as well and was waiting for the market to come back to reality. I finally got tired of waiting so I put down a deposit with an MSRP dealer about a year ago, and it finally got built. Picked it up in Miami and took a quick trip down to Key West, where we got married, as an early anniversary trip with my wife. The car is amazing, it is everything I wanted in modern sports car. The only real negative to me was the lack of a third pedal, but the DCT they put in this thing is very very good. With mag ride and the different settings in the car it's like getting multiple cars in one. Very smooth and comfortable in tour mode, very aggressive with pops and gurgles in track mode when I want to squid it up. :D

[​IMG]

BigBird and R1Racer99 like this.
  14. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

A buddy sent me a short vid of his new car ...I had to ask WTH it was...M8 Competition, 4.4 L , twin screws.

m8.jpg

BigBird likes this.
  15. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

How good are the older bmw's ? like the 10 through 15 or so. I had buddy asking me about one but I have no Idea about beemers.

16. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

In high school we used to call the Pinto “The Stove”

17. VR45 Troll

The turbo Probe was pretty sick. It had so much torque steer and turbo lag that when the boost finally went up the car would try to steer itself into another lane..

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

if you ever do AutoX or competitive track stuff with the Mazda, you can sign up for their Motorsports program and get dealer cost on parts, and access to their Mazdaspeed motorsports catalog, and S-plan discount pricing.

They really support the grassroots racer

scottn likes this.
  19. VR45 Troll

Getting married in Key West is the best. We were married on a schooner offshore a ways. Tall wooden ships are very cool. The most fun you can have at 12 mph. The place to pick up the licience is right near mile marker #1. RIP Jimmy Buffet

20. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Judging by the sellers footwear I assume he moved on to a Vette

MUFC1878 and BigBird like this.