1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another car thread. Wanting a sports car. Which one?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, May 26, 2022.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

Congrats!

Yeah the looks on the Elantra is not for everyone, but I forgot how it looks once I drove it, and I actually like it now.

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Mama's had a 2007 Tiburon since new and it's got 190k and it still gits it. Good car.

[​IMG]

BigBird likes this.
  3. quikie

quikie Fugitive at Large

What color?

4. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Anybody got GR Corolla yet?

5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I've only got one point of reference for hyundai but our shop used to have an old early 2000's santa fe for a delivery vehicle and that thing finally died with like 800k kms on it. Motor still ran great up until it didn't, and had tons of jam, but the rest of it was complete garbage by then. Everyone who drove it, drove the complete piss out of it. This was at least a decade ago that it died, so knowing the automotive industry it's completely different now. :D

6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Dragging up shoes again, from ~40 pages back.

For you Adidas fans, they’re doing a massive clearance event of all kinds of products. Using the filter, there are ~500 styles of shoes listed.

https://www.adidas.com/us/men-sale

BigBird likes this.
  7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Wait. What.

You sold the little Kraut-mobile and went Korean BBQ?!?

I think this is the biggest betrayal ever perpetrated on the German people. In the history of Germania....

Gorilla George, ducnut and BigBird like this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

Cyber Grey
    I think I'm going through a mid life crisis, but my body really can't drive manual with a tear in my shoulder, hip issues and left knee pain.

BUT I had a deal on a Civic Type R, a GR Corolla, and a MK8 Golf R. I had some equity in my R so some markup was doable.

GR Corolla was way too small for a daily. Backseat room is for toddlers.

Civic Type R, the dealer at the last minute tried to bamboozle me, even after I was ok with the markup. They didn't want me to use my own financing and tried to throw an additional "protection package" so walked out on that

MK8 Golf R DSG- was about $500 away from dealer ask, and decided to go try the N after everything I read. At the end of the day, the R didn't feel like a $20k better car than the N. At least right now.

For the N: a tune, intake, brake pads and I ordered 2 sets of wheels: one for daily and one for track rubber. Can't run an intercooler in my class, so that's about it. This car seems so easy to work on in comparison to to the Golf.

In stock form, it's ready for track from the showroom. The DCT and shock tuning are superb. Even in the owners manual they have tire pressures for track use, and supposedly have high temp brake fluid and brake pads that are good on track. And the exhaust sound is intoxicating for a turbo 4 banger. It basically checked off all my boxes.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2023
    cBJr, Gorilla George and ducnut like this.
  9. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Everything I’ve read and watched stated the DTC in the Elantra N is better than the manual, it’s that good. Congrats!

BigBird likes this.
  10. quikie

quikie Fugitive at Large

Nice... that is probably the best looking color they have (the red is nice and the powder blue isn't bad either)!

BigBird likes this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

I actually had a White on order, that didn't come in. I was getting impatient and a local-ish dealer had this one in stock, and all I wanted was to test drive it, or go get that Golf R.

I was like this color is pretty nice, and the test drive was great, so I went for it.

This seems to be the case in most cars these days. I know the GTI in manual wasn't great, and when I got the DSG I was like this car is so much better and FASTER :)

ducnut likes this.
  12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

For a track car the transmission choice these days is obvious. The DCT is just better on track if your objective is faster lap times. Around town the slush box auto is still better but in terms of driver engagement the good old fashioned 3 pedals and wiggle stick setup is best.

bleacht and BigBird like this.
  13. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Curious why you prefer front wheel drive over rear for a performance car, especially when you track it. Wouldn’t rear be faster and more fun on the track?

14. Sabre699

Motorcyclists.....sheesh. :D

BigBird likes this.
  15. BigBird

BigBird blah

AWD is usually the fastest, if given the option in the same chassis.

There aren't many RWD sedan vehicles in general, and if they are in my price range, none that are track worthy. If I could afford it, I would get a M3 Competition AWD over anything out there. But, playing down at the end of this scale, AWD and FWD compact sedans are what are attainable, and actually many do well with mods.

ducnut and R1Racer99 like this.
  16. BigBird

BigBird blah

Also, to anyone looking at a Honda...I would refrain from buying at Honda of Tom's River in NJ.

Truthfully, Hondas are great cars, but most of their dealership sales departments suck.

ducnut likes this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

18. Sabre699

Cluster fuck.

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was sold on the Toyota until I saw the redesign. The big VW was a maybe but I’m tired of VW “reliability.”
    The mdx s or whatever got my attention but Acura seems to think they are MB levels of pricing and clientele.

I’m in a weird limbo. Looking at used TT, Miata’s (but can’t buy an automatic), golf r’s (not at the dealership mark ups of up to $20k at their most retarded) and an A4.
    Don’t need a 7 passenger car anymore. Lol