And now, the Durrani Photos BKeros Wouldn't Show You

Discussion in 'General' started by Resident Plarp, Oct 17, 2007.

1. bkeros

bkeros Well-Known Member

I hope it lasts! Hopefully the Vipers and Vettes and all the other heavy shite that runs out there won't tear it up by mid-season. That being said, I wonder about the condition of the underlayment. It looks like they didn't tear up the road base and start over (ha!). I'm not in the paving business, but it seems to me that if you put a layer of asphalt over a rippled out bumpy section, after a short time you're gonna have...freshly coated rippled out section(s). Right or no?

2. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

pleaseeeeeeee let it hold up for a while :)

3. bkeros

bkeros Well-Known Member

No kidding...just a little while!

4. gixracer

gixracer Active Member

the sweeper is going to be wortth a ton of time by itself no more sealer to slide over. also the buss stop no sealer.

no that the cars have gone through it needs a good brushing to get marbles off.

plarp you had fun:Poke: , cars don't suck; they are just slower and more expensive

5. sizmtrz

sizmtrz Nuthin runs like a deere

great... I was excited about trying to break into the 1:40 for my second track day next spring... Now I have to shoot for :35s LOL

6. bkeros

bkeros Well-Known Member

someone mentioned something about the possibility that that ugly looking armco on the outside of the sweeper might now be a lot closer, as speeds through there will be faster. I've had that thought run through my mind previously....

that would be ugly...

7. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Hey Mark! How's the life beating up criminals and stealing kids' dope? :D

You fell off Facebook, what happened there?

8. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

just got back from grattan and talking to kurt, max, sam and one of their drunk neighbors for a couple hours.

looks awesome. i took a bunch more pics but can't post them right now cuz i don't have a card reader where i'm at. but plarp's pics pretty much tell the story anyway. it's paved from a point midpoint between t5 and t6 all the way through to the entrance of the straight. bikes will still be leaned over at the transition, but most of the lean angle will be gone. definitely not worried about the physical transition - that's nice and smooth, but the traction change will have to be watched at first. i think it will be fine, though.

the pavement was done by terry's asphalt out of some place in ohio. they said it was supposed to be done the weekend that they laid the rubber/tar down. they never intended for people to ride in that shit. but they prepped, laid the rubber/tar, then the asphalt guys postponed.

they let me ride the fjr around a couple laps.....it feels awesome. i don't think the ripples in t12 are there much anymore....but....i never had a problem with them much with my line/pace. so i might be the wrong guy to judge.

one thing's for sure...my reference line coming up the hill into t11 is not there anymore....duh. one of those.....'well, of course' moments as i was coming up the hill.

definitely jonesin to get into that nesba day next weekend. weather looks great....but my bike is in indy. DAMN!!!! i might have to borrow a bike....waiting all winter is just gonna be torture!!!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  9. sizmtrz

Still there... you just never called any more :Poke:

So plarp... how come no racing for you this season?

Are you and the stg crew gonna race prep my new ride next spring? If not I'll use your page as refrence! :up:

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well NESBA and gang will be there this weekend. Bring out the old 640 compounds.
    OOps I mean the hard stuff that Pirelli has:D

11. jrsmail

jrsmail Member

Sweet. to bad I can't make the Nesba day, have to study.

12. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Nice ..

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

The sweeper (CW) was an issue before (I say that sparingly as overall, it's still the safest track in the region IMO), but according to Sam, they aren't able/aren't any plans to move that guardrail.

It's almost a good thing T1 wasn't repaved, as that could make T1 CCW more unsafe than it already is when we run in that direction.

14. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

kitty litter could fix that.

15. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

There were some mattresses over in T4 I think right? We could just bring those over.

16. sizmtrz

Forgive my ignorance...but do sections of air fence travel from race to race with you guys when you race? Or is that stuff permenantly installed?

17. Run-n-hide

Run-n-hide Well-Known Member

It travels.

18. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

hey mongo, papa, and davek.....look over there....behind you....i think it's mya doin her bouncin booty boogie.....singin' some punk polka....offering free yuenglings!!!!!!

<blatant posting of trackday talk in the general section>

anyone going to the grattan trackday this weekend on the new repave?!?! tryin to get a ride for my track bike up from indy....

19. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

That's one thing that could be addressed given that all the property on the other side of that appears to belong to Grattan.
    Maybe if we talked to Sam we could organize an outing to address that issue? Afterwards we could blow up class B fireworks in Jig's yard.

20. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

....again.