1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA loses Geico

Discussion in 'General' started by Rad625, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was there in the good old days - where did those 30 year olds race then?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm truly lost - what needs to be done at the grassroots level? What is it you think we should do to fix DMG and pro racing?

Your suggestion about the 3 hour is one about pro racing, not grassroots. Yet you keep saying that we're doing something wrong at the grassroots level that is hurting pro racing - what is it?

3. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I wonder how Dunlop and Sunoco are taking this considering that they (especially Dunlop) paid good money to be the spec tire and fuel.

4. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Not sure. Club racers are still buying Dunlops though, for when they're ready for pro racing. Maybe it's working out for them.

And to GNC in regard to the 30 year old's racing, it's been that way for a long time. You often need a decent job to afford roadracing.

5. metricdevilmoto

No one cared about Moto ST but the people racing it. IMO, it was an even bigger amateur hour than SS currently is.

6. metricdevilmoto

If you spin around and say that three times, Melka will appear. :D

7. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Melka is too old to go Pro racing!! :p

8. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I think Melk has software that alerts him every time a tire thread is started.

:D

9. DirtNap

DirtNap used, but not used up.

Where is that pesky "like" button

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If they don't hit a certain sales number they don't pay. Not sure Dunlop has had to pay yet....

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Can you point out which competitor(s) wanted an entitlement in recent years?

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

On this, we agree. Red-headed step-child is the term IIRC.

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

15. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Bring back Roger Edmondson!!!!!

:D

16. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

My take on this... and I'm probably wrong as usual.

The AMA Business Model has always seemed backwards to me. The Riders, Sponsors and tracks seem to be the paying customer. They should be the attraction to bring in the paying customer.

Shitty merchandising, shitty promotion and treating your attraction like you dont need them is not the right way to build any business.

Search EBay for Rossi shirt.... 4000 plus items. Search Josh Hayes shirt, 1 item knocked off from Thailand (and misspelled).

Create value for your attraction and get new customers rather than creating problems for your attraction and having no customers.

17. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

18. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

That's where I am.right now.
    The mythical city of Oz that once was the AMA to a starry eyed 6 year old boy now looks more like Detroit....

19. Absolutely

Was there a time when it was this way? School me. When did the shift begin? How to reverse?

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'm going on record as stating that I believe the AMA is now a corpse with some residual twitching.

Oddly I don't think Mongo had anything to do with it. It committed suicide.