1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ama amature race

Discussion in 'General' started by whitey21, May 13, 2009.

1. whitey21

whitey21 umm...yeah.

anyone have any info on this race? i checked the website out but i couldn't find any rules for the event. also i would like to ask a few questions to somebody who run it last year so if you did shoot me a pm or just let me know and i will send you one. thanks.

2. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

if you mean the road race grand championships at mid ohio then i was there. that is the only ama amature roadrace event that i know of. there is some new event at barber this year but i dont know the details on that one.

3. whitey21

whitey21 umm...yeah.

yeah thats the one i meant. the one at barber is some michelin shoot out i think. did you race that race last year?

4. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

PM amafan!

5. NickyZ

NickyZ Well-Known Member

If you get any information on that race, let me know. I have been looking around for the schedule and class requirements.

6. DangerZone

DangerZone CAUTION!

By definition this word means "one lacking in experience and competence in an art or science".

You guys fit this definition, in this case the art is spelling.

It's "amateur". :Poke: :D

You can google the title and find info but you don't want to go Whitey. Barber National is the same weekend.

7. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

There is probably info on the "other" racing orgs forum but there isn't much to it. They recognize all racing orgs liscenses and the tech was way relaxed. I had to buy a membership for the ama but it was only 30$. There was a trackday thurs with stt and practice fri that was included with the cost of the races. Qualifying for all classes was sat and racing on sun. It was kinda tight with all the races on sun but they started them before lunch so it was all done by 5 or 6. I've been the past 2 years and had a blast meeting people from all the other orgs.

That said I wish they would get their shit together and get wera back in it.

8. metalkid88

metalkid88 Well-Known Member

hmm im interested about this. would love to know more