1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA 1000 class is dead. At Barber and it's just sad

Discussion in 'General' started by GrayGhost, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Team Rev

Team Rev Race Junkie

Yes,waiting to air races until Sunday night is just bull,but so far this year the only races worth watching are dsb and ama sb ,it's been pretty tight racing in every class except for maybe the last couple . And that just comes down to Josh wanting it more .

2. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

The Erik Buell story is getting better. :D
    And it's nice to see KTM make a factory effort.
    Watching Herrin nip at Papa bear's coattails made for a good show today.
    Young was a phenom at Road A.

I'm trying to be an optimist in regards to American Road Racing. :up:
    Really though, I want a good answer. Why no OnDemand?

3. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

$$$$$$$$$

4. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Yeah I thought that too.

But when you look at Speed's current OnDemand offerings it's like the rock bottom of the programing roster, and it's got ads on it.

Is somebody just being too uptight with their own content?

5. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Will AMA allow it?

6. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

No apology needed, it isn't YOUR fault they aren't keeping up. It's great to see a fellow mississippi boy run away with it, except when it's by the lengths you and graves yamaha are putting on the field.

Ps, your comment reminded me of this:
    “I was walking by a dry cleaner at 3 a.m., and it said “Sorry, we’re closed.” You don’t have to be sorry. It’s 3 a.m., and you’re a dry cleaner. It would be ridiculous for me to expect you to be open. I’m not gonna walk by at ten a.m. and say, “Hey, I walked by at three, you guys were closed. Someone owes me an apology. This jacket would be halfway done!”

7. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Yep, that's all it is, desire. :cool:

8. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

In regards to the programming, one has to wonder what model British Eurosport uses. They have very few commercials if any commercials during the race and are typically live or short tape delay coverage. And excellent coverage at that.
    Their ad sponsors dont seem huge (webuyanybike.com, motorcycle manufacturer spots for individual bikes, motorcycle insurance), and aside from those they only seem to promote other events that they're airing later in the day/week.

As far as how close the racing is, Josh is just killing it. Bet American Honda is watching this and thinking "Man maybe we should have moved Duhamel to the side or not hired Neil Hodgeson when Hayes won those FX and SS championships...."
    Aside from the top of the AMA, (hayes, cardenes, young, eslick) i just think that BSB has better talent. One reason is because of its location, in The Europe, so a rider from WSBK/Spanish CEV etc could go there and still be relevant to the other European/world series.

9. JamesC459

JamesC459 Well-Known Member

Guys,Would you rather the races be live when you are commited to other things at 2pm on a sunday, like riding your bike.so viewer ship and ratings will be lower,sponsorship dollars look wasteful and then stops. Or maybe have them aired in the evening so you can relax and not interrupt your productive day and have a ratings be higher for the paying commercial sponsor. Its not like MotoGP that is live at 8am.

10. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

What do you expect? There are two serious (well funded) factory efforts (Yamaha and Suzuki). Josh Hayes is at the top of his game and getting the job done. Just imagine if the old rules package was still in place. The gap back to the rest of the field would be huge.

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Speed AMA is taped, so there are a number of production hours following taping. The production company doesn't have very many people, so it takes longer. Unless the money is there to pay for production in addition to air time, you're going to get crappy timeslots.
    Advertisers rule the day. They obviously don't think its worth the money to advertise to the people they think watch the show.

12. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

You should be sorry. Stop being so damn good so that the racing can be closer! Its all about the fans you know.

13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

You just wait for that NASCAR ShootOut format next year, where the winner of the first race has to start from the back....yeah...GitYaSome...:D

LLD

14. six6two

six6two AWD

One of the most ignorant comments you can make about any sporting event.

15. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I guess you didn't catch the sarcasm.

16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Don't worry, those of us who can read between the Sar/Casm...did:D

17. six6two

six6two AWD

Well absolutely not! :D

18. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Hayes with a 2fer:up::up:....also Impressive recovery by Herrin to finish on the box..:up::up::up:

19. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Looks like Herrin had a quite a ride.

20. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

He sure did.Tried like hell to pass in T4.