1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alabama abortion law...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jase, May 16, 2019.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The stories of women dying in alleys was a fiction.
    Read the history of Roe v Wade and you will see that
    they just made that up to sway public opinion.
    Most abortions before Roe v Wade were done by doctors
    in an office or hospital and most resulting deaths were due
    to infection, a not-uncommon outcome following
    surgical procedures back in the day.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It is a bit ironic that I knew girls in NC that traveled to ATL to get abortions in the early 70s because they couldn't get one in NC.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Your neighbor has a dog in his back yard.
    It's behind a fence so you can't see it and it's not your dog.
    Every day he comes home and tortures it in the back yard,
    out of your sight.
    Is it any of your business?
    Is your neighbor a bad person?

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

If a bird can not fly. Is it still not a bird?
    Oh and what is the exchange rate of Passos to dollars?

5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

The morning after pill needs to be readily available, cheap or free, and provided without judgement. The same could be said for several forms of birth control. I suspect that the additional tax burden would be more than offset by the reduced number of unwanted children and the accompanying societal costs that they now entail.

hiddentoken and R1Racer99 like this.
  6. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Same here with one twist. Why can't we get to a cut off date as a compromise? I mean a heartbeat is a living human. After the heartbeat it is murder.

I'm all for choice but my feeling is you have a limited time to make that choice before it is just straight up murder for the sake of convenience. Democrats recent push to murder live babies is fuckin ghoulish. Let's dial it back a bit you evil fucks.

Dragginass likes this.
  7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

There's a point in the term when the fetus could actually live outside the womb. For me, that's the line. You know you're pregnant for a few months prior to that line - if you don't want the kid, do something about it then.

As for the rest of it, I think we all know that the majority of the fetuses that are aborted would not be born into positive situations. There are too many people as it is, so unless the government is going to step up and make sure each of these non-aborted kids is provided with lifelong support and opportunity, they're probably better off not being born.

hiddentoken, R1Racer99 and noles19 like this.
  8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Absolutely. That's what pisses me off about this stuff. The people that want to outlaw abortion are the same ones that refuse to allow condoms to be distributed at schools, won't let their daughters get on the pill, and generally pretend that pre-marital sex doesn't exist.

9. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Hyperbole much?

10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Agreed 100%

I don’t see what the big deal is with early abortion if it cannot live outside the womb.

My ARGUMENT and I yelled that on purpose is the people that have kids and get government assistance their entire parenthood. That’s the fucked up part to me. I wish there was a way to prove you’re able to properly care for the kid before you have them. There’s way way too many children in poverty that didn’t ask for a shitty life, yet parents know they can suck the government tit

11. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

There is a cutoff date. Viability. Except in shitholes like NY

12. amartin

amartin Well-Known Member

It's time to start genetically engineering humans such that reproduction is impossible without the pill. To get the pill you'd have to pass a series of skill testing questions to prove you're not a complete idiot.

The effect from the pill would last only 90 days, and both the male and female participants must be on the pill for conception to occur.

13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

For fucks sake how do you ever expect them to get this one straight when they can't even define when someone is an adult. We'll trust them to drive at 16 but they can't drink, vote or join the military. We'll let someone vote and join the military at 18 but somehow they just can't be trusted with alcohol until they are 21. How about we get down to simplifying some shit.

1. A person is deemed an adult at 21. They are then eligible to drive, vote, drink and join the military.
    2. Until that person is 21 they are the possession of their parents. Parents whom are legally responsible and accountable for everything that person does until their 21st birthday.
    3. Abortion is legal for parents up until the proceeding day of their child's 21st birthday.
    4. If you want to have a say in when someone's grouping of cells is now a life and possibly soon an adult then produce one of your own. Until then stay the fuck out of everyone else's reproductive business.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

There should literally be a license required for procreation!

15. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

https://savethestorks.com/2017/05/real-reasons-women-abortions/

Good for Alabama! That is great news!

It’s always annoying with the people that instantly say,” what about the woman that was raped?...”. Check out the above article for statistics on why women really have abortions. But, for argument sake, because that was done in 2017, let’s just say 2% of women have an abortion because of rape. People will argue that abortions are ok because of rape. LESS THAN 5% of why women have abortions, is because of rape. I ask people this question when they bring up rape as the “shock tactic” to persuade me into saying it’s ok; what’s wrong with rape? It’s always followed by a look of,”is he serious”, and I’ll ask the question again. To try to make this post short(sorry), I tell them rape is someone else FORCING THEIR WILL onto another person. It’s the same thing as an abortion. The mother is forcing her will onto that human life, to kill it. One evil act doesn’t constitute another evil act.

And the women that will be found dead in an alley way because of a botched attempt at an abortion? So we are supposed to have sympathy for that women? That’s like having sympathy for a drug addict. And before you all burn me at the stake, I used to do drugs. Actions have consequences. You have sex, you might become a parent, get an STD, or whatever. I’ve always been against abortion, even the 28 years I lived before I turn my life over to Jesus. I’m sure I’ll read a lot of crap for this post, but it’s to be expected. There will always be someone that disagrees.

wookie, Dragginass and Pitdad42 like this.
  16. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Him? 100% of the time

17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I don't really give a shit "why". That's between her and her conscious. The rest of it is people attempting to control others.

hiddentoken, Newsshooter and noles19 like this.
  18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

The irony is that killing someone because they represent an inconvenience to you is a pretty drastic expression of control over others.

19. Pitdad42

Pitdad42 Well-Known Member

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm not a big fan of the incest reasoning.....you really shouldn't be banging your brother in the first place.