1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

air tech crap

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by irwnn, Mar 3, 2005.

1. irwnn

irwnn Well-Known Member

i've had it! not only does air-tech stuff have crappy fit and finish, but now they want me to pay the shipping to return one of their screw-ups! they sent me the wrong fairing and want me to pay to return it? what cajones!

i can't believe they're the only option for vintage body-work.

:confused:

2. NYCNorton

NYCNorton Holmeslice

I couldn't agree more. After talking to Air Tech and their very lousy customer service, I knew going overseas for my bodywork was my only option. Hell, I even asked if they could send me some fairing fasteners and they couldn't be arsed to look to see if they had them in stock.

I just received my bodywork from TGA in France (via Andy Molnar in the UK) for my Norton. I'm chuffed.

Kenny Cummings
    NYC
    www.nycnorton.com

3. GoNavy

GoNavy Well-Known Member

4. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

They're not. Sakis Vasilopoulos in West Palm Beach makes all sorts of bodywork. I only have a cell phone # for him, so I'm not gonna post it, but those who are interested can send me a PM and I'll give you the info.

5. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

ditto here.i ran a r6 in 2002-03.ordered r6 bodywork.in comes honda f3 stuff."oh yeah,looks like we messed up.just ship 'er back and we'll get the right stuff out to ya." wtf. nope nope nope.put er up on ebay.made 22.00, and ordered some skniz.too many similar stories to even go near their stuff for my super trick, new to vintage in 2005, xs650.:D

6. Vintage Bling

Vintage Bling Well-Known Member

I got my new fairing from clubman racing up north and it is really nice the gelcoat is perfect. You can order most of them in a few colors. He gets them out of the UK. I got a full fairing for my bmw for only 100 bucks more than a quarter fairing from airteck or glass from the past. But the quality is 90% better than airteck or glass from the past. I dont have any ties to these people just a very satisfied costomer. Ow ya and the service was great to. Brad

7. cyclenut

cyclenut Well-Known Member

I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon here....Airtech sent me the wrong upper for my EX500 three times back in 2000. I paid return shipping the first time only though. I was cordial the first mixup, but they really annoyed me on the phone the second and third times. I was completely baffled at the customer service.

I did my first races without an upper. At the time I was thinking to myself...."Man, if all race suppliers are like this, I'm not sure I want to get into racing."

8. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

I bought some bodywork from sraxis for my ex,it was junk!,air-tech is junk too!

But i bought it with my gold card,so i disputed it since they basically told me i was stuck with their junk bodywork,guy calls me all nice after visa removes the charge,hey shoot that stuff back to us,i'm like,fuck you tough guy! i though i was stuck with it?

Well,after stroking them for a week i agreed to return their junk when they sent a ups call tag

Buy it with your credit card!,it gives you much more power!

9. oopsdownagain

oopsdownagain Well-Known Member

Ditto,Ditto,Ditto.Screwed me too!I am astounded,how do they still stay in busines? Yeesh...the power of clever and glossy advertising!