1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little help please

Discussion in 'Tech' started by ThrottleAbuse, Mar 4, 2004.

1. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

So I have been trying to prep my bike to pass tech. This being the first time I have been having some difficulties figuring everything out. Keep in mind I am trying to setup a 02 GSXR600

1.) Brake pad retaining pins. The rulebook says either saftey wire or an R clip. I am lost here.

2.) "Fuel lines and any other fluid carrying lines must be clamped or secured by some other appropriate means" WTF does this mean?

3.) What is the best way to do the front axel and the radiator cap?

4.) The rulebook also says pressure fed lubricating lines should be saftey wired. Is the only one the cam chain tensioner line and do I need to saftey wire that?

5.) The last thing I wasnt sure about was the stock exhaust. Do I need to saftey wire the headers? What about the nuts that hold the can to the midpipe?

6.) Oil Gallery plugs. Does anyone know how many are on the GSXR600?

Thanks for any help. It is much appreciated.

2. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

brake pins: you can get the older ones with the hole in them or wire the ones you have. I just drilled the caliper and the pin after it was tightened up. through the caliper and the head of the pin into the hex end of the pin.
    fuel lines are retained by a clip no wire.. water hoses have clamps on them no wire basicly if it has a clamp on it you are good
    ft axle: the same as the brake pins drill at a angle through the fork and the axle into the hex end after you tighten it to spec.
    and wire the pinch bolts
    Rad. cap: drill accross the cap flange that sticks out and use a "r" clip under the the overflow hose through the cap.
    Oil lines all need to be wired..
    galley plugs on the block: black silcone is good here just smear some around the edge of them(it makes them feel better) any plug that can be seen in tech you need to do this way

3. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

It looks like I have everything set except for a few things.

From what I read in the rules I am not required to run heavy duty case covers. Is this correct. The other thing I didnt see is saftey wiring the case cover bolts. Is this necassary?

Not sure about the nuts that hold the exhaust can to the midpipe. Do I have to saftey wire these?