1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9/25 California Speedway

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by irwnn, Sep 15, 2005.

1. irwnn

irwnn Well-Known Member

anybody going?

are there ever any vintage guys at the wera west events?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not many but I'm hoping it'll build more next year.

I'll be there :D

3. irwnn

irwnn Well-Known Member

WERA West

What is the schedule format? The W.E.R.A. west info page implies that, although there are no V1-5 classes, the later (V6-7) vintage classes run on Sunday. The schedule page link at http://www.wera.com/pages/werawest.html “Check our Schedule Page here” doesn’t work. I am interested in putting my V3 XS 650 back together for ’06, if there’s a place to race it again. Until then I’ll just run what should be a V5 period correct (no part or technology on the bike is newer than 1977) stock steel frame & swing-arm TZ 750 in V6.

Additionally, is W.E.R.A. west an official Vintage region (would I be invited to the 2006 GNF in V3 and V5or 6)? I did not see any “-N” on the W.E.R.A. west yearly schedule.

Hate to drive to cali and have nothing to do.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

WERA West is indeed a Vintage region and if Cal Speedway is your first round you won't get an invite but you will b e qualified to race at the GNF.

I doubt we'll have the Saturday Vintage races out west in 06, we're planning on running the one day events one more year, once we get the region built we'll expan d to the standard 2 day format with the full Vintage and Solo schedule on Saturdays. In other words - build the V6 bike :)

If there is interest I can look at the feasibility of running some of the older Vintage classes on Sunday.

5. irwnn

irwnn Well-Known Member

you're everywhere

i've been reading a lot in prep for my return to wera and you seem to be doing a pretty good job of moitoring this whole mess...

thanx for the info,

p