1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

600F2 Race tire choices

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by slower than u, Sep 3, 2013.

1. slower than u

slower than u Well-Known Member

So, what are ya using ? Seems the 170/60 is gone and a 160 is now being made for the smaller rim. Do I see a 180 conversion in my future ?

2. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Bridgestone 165 slick?

3. JNSRacing

JNSRacing Well-Known Member

Dunlop has the KR108 165/55 slick, which is what I'm running, and there's also the D209 and D211 in 160/60, which are DOT race tires.

4. slower than u

slower than u Well-Known Member

Cool - Ive got a set of 211's on it now. I wasnt sure if the rim being a 5.5 inch wide rim would make a differnce when mouting it as the new stuff that looks like it was made for a 5.0 inch wide,
    Thanks !

5. JNSRacing

JNSRacing Well-Known Member

Well, the stock rim is 4.5 inches wide, and a lot of us that race the F2, upgrade to a 5 inch rim from an F3... what rim do you have on there now? If it's 5.5, maybe it came from a 900RR?

A 165 mounts great on a 5 or 5.5 inch rim, but a 160 isn't the best choice for a 5.5 inch rim - Dunlop recommends the 160/60 for 4 inch to 5 inch rims, for what it's worth.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  6. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Bridgestone Slicks. See Stickboy and he will set you up.

7. jimfowler

jimfowler Well-Known Member

B'stone 165. And the f3 rear rim will bolt right up and give you an extra 0.5" of rim width.

8. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

The F3 rear wheel stabilizes the bike better also.

9. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Just make sure you get the f3 spacers. Also most all the guys run the 165, I always run the 180. Im probably the smallest guy on V7 and for me it just gives me alittle more tire to corner with. Not that it matters these days. I would need a rocket up my anus to catch these guys above.