1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6% seller's fees. Good riddance.

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Mar 15, 2024.

1. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Problem is the agents are beholden to what their brokerage says they must charge. My wife often discounts here rate for her buyers when the seller only offers 4 or 5% but she has to clear it with the branch manager before she agrees to it. Smaller, discount or ala carte brokers can probably do it easier but the big ones often have strict policies.

And all of you thinking agents get 3% forget they have to split that with the broker. Newbies get half but as you move up you get a bigger cut.

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Well...they typically split that 60k with the buyers agent. Then they both have to kick some up to the company, broker, etc.

Its basically like an MLM or the mob...

And as someone who is planning to sell in a year or 2...I thoroughly enjoy seeing this.

BigBird likes this.
  3. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Who cares who is splitting and how, still cost seller 60k :)

BigBird, tony 340, CBRRRRR999 and 2 others like this.
  4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Tony made it like the sellers agent pocketed 60k on selling a $1mil house...which would be a very rare occurance...due to brokers share, buyers agent, etc.

I am in no way condoning the 6% mafia..but it wasnt al going into the sellers agent's pocket...

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Damn. I just donated 2 packed full fruit boxes of DVDs.

6. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Boat brokers are for the most part a special kind of slimeball. And Popyachts guys should rot in a prison full of very horny and demented felons in particular.

tony 340 likes this.
  7. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I bought the local yacht club member, boat broker, million dollar house guys personal boat.

The amount of shit I fixed was ridiculous. Even worse he had it on a lift so he brought some saltwater trailer up from Florida and I had to fix that damn thing too.

Salesman know how to talk and smile but cannot fix a damn thing.