6.99 @ 211 mph....

Discussion in 'General' started by Repo Man, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Yoyo

Yoyo Well-Known Member

Cool Vid,

It looks like this guy is one of our Marvic wheel customers.:D
    We made some special 16" front and 6.75 wide rear wheels for this application.

While most are mum about how much HP they make, 600 is a good starting point.

The technology of these bikes, and the clutches that they use is pretty cool.
    The clutches are designed to slip during engagement, and the boost system is progressive, with more boost coming in as the bike makes it's way down the 1/4.
    One cool think we saw with the data is that the bikes were spinning a 6.25 wide wheel all the way down the track, but when we went to the 6.75, it hooked up better in the 2nd half.

2. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 1

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

it wasn't even that loud....

HOLY COW that was fast!!

4. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I am sure someone on here could do the same or better on less, not calling names right now.

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

My understanding the boost controllers/engine management/clutches have really moved those bikes forward et/hp wise versus when racers first broke into the 7s. Amazing what 10yrs of development can do.

6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I posted a vid in you tube thread of side by side 6 second passes not long ago. Terrance vs Tiny Ficher(sp) for a $10k purse But this vid is way better

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  7. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Very cool. Notch another for a local guy. :)

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

He can rock mile after mile on the back wheel going across 275 too. Not that I'd know anything about that or anything.

9. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

^This^

In 1997 I rode a friend's Suzuki GS1428 car tire bike for the season.

Back half frame, with a 10" slick, 1428cc 17:1 compression motor, wheelie bar, slider clutch, delay box, etc, state of the art for drag racing in 1997. Took a car starter and cart to get it running, and a tow back to the pits after the pass.

It went 8.80's at 145mph or so....

That was HELLA FAST! for the day... :crackup:

Now we have "street bikes" in the 6's! :bow: :beer: :clap:

Amazing.

10. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

That's all cool and all... but can he corner low? :D

11. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Wow! That is pretty awesome. I second the chain looking like a huge whip.

12. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

That sounds credible.

I used to watch "Pass Time" on Speed, and one guy brought a hayabusa that he claimed made "over 700hp with the full nitrous shot." He described it as "un-rideable" with that much horsepower.

Naturally, their follow-up was "so how much spray is it getting today?" His response? "all of it. The normal rider is a 145 lbs. jockey. I own the bike and I'm more like 225, so I think it should be a little less crazy." It wasn't :D

13. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Needs a spring mounted tensioner on the bottom run....!

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It's not hurting anything. It does that because the top is being pulled while the bottom is being pushed. It's still tight, it's not going to jump teeth or anything, it just looks crazy. If you look at pictures of most bikes under hard acceleration the chain looks about the same.