1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

599 Hornet engine in F3

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by CR750, Nov 16, 2010.

1. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

Anybody done this? I found a low mile one cheap and was wondering if it worthwhile to put a 2mm kit in. Seems to be a shortage of F3 engines around here.

Thanks

2. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Ive got a strong F2 motor thats running the f3 wiring harness, carbs, airbox, and ram air, oh and fuel pump for sale. PM me if interested in it. I also have the f2 stuff carbs and such to go with it. I was just tring some things out when we put the f3 stuff on. I wanna keep my f3 stuff.

3. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I would make sure the intake has the same angle. I think the carbs on the Hornet are at a different angle than ours.

4. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

Dyle, I have a couple of F2 motors but am really wanting an F3 to start the re-build.
    Stick, thanks I just checked, if I use that motor I will have to use an F3 head.

P.S. The old F3 ran pretty tough this year, took 3rd in 600ss senior (5 year old bike rule)against a bunch of 05 R6's and 600rr's. Unfortunatly now it is kind of tired and will need a freshen up before I play with you guys next year.

5. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I thought the head was different. Not that I've done any research on one or anything