1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

50 cal.

Discussion in 'General' started by RickJohnson#29, Mar 13, 2009.

1. RickJohnson#29

RickJohnson#29 Well-Known Member

If you haven't seen the Afghabistan sniper with a 50 cal. on youtube
    check it out.I'll warn you it's really graphic.All I will say is WOW!

2. lrrs311

lrrs311 r6racer311

Is it one,where one of our guys,get one of them WAAAAAYY out on a mtn. side? That one,is amazing!

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Well c'mon, then.... post up a linky...

:Poke:

4. rubberman

rubberman Well-Known Member

I watched a show on History channel or something recently showing the new round & rifle that Barrett has in development that will own even the 50 BMG. They started with a clean design slate, and fully optimized the bullet based more on ballistic coefficient than availablity like the original 50 BMG. Result is far more velocity at a longer range and the results are even longer shots than previously possible. They are CNC machining rounds righ now which results in perfect balance, full production was supposed to be taking place sometime soon.
    We might be seeing vids on youtube, etc of even more extreme shots in the near future with the new hardware coming out.

5. RickJohnson#29

RickJohnson#29 Well-Known Member

Yep! No linky cause I no want to get bandee. :D

6. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

This is the one.

Designed for cold iron accuracy at 2500yds. :up:

http://www.barrettrifles.com/rifle_99.aspx

7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

if it's the one i'm thinking of, it's not a human getting blown to bits, it's someone varmit hunting and smoking some Rock Chucks/Marmots, ect.

8. Twotyres

Twotyres Well-Known Member

If its the one where blood and guts spray and parts go flying, then its a misrepresented video. As powerful as a .50 is, it wont do that to a human. this is a video of prairie dogs being shot, not humans, if i recall correct it wasn't even a .50 but was a 7mm mag.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I thought the .50 was for hard targets and the .308 was for bodies?

10. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

11. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Cool, .416 is even legal here in Cali, almost got a wind river 50 before the ban went in place just on general principles. :cool:

12. tzrboy

tzrboy Working hard to play harder!

When your hunting with a M82A1 only in a 3 man Barrett team.... we got a permission slip from our moms.

Raufoss round. I would care to disagree with that statement though this isn't the forum.

-For the record, 8541 M.O.S. as a USMC scout sniper (Class 3-94), serving abroad...

13. Zakath

Zakath Well-Known Member

:eek: :up: [​IMG]

14. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

Check out dog be gone dot com sometime. They pimps da' videos on their website.

As far as weapons:

15. sdg

sdg *

ballistic tips....:up:

shot an open coke can filled with water with a ballistic tip .308 - the pressure was so high that the pattern of the dirt the can was sitting on was "pressed" into the bottom - remember this is the thick part of the can. The thin side material of the can was basically gone - fragments.