50 and 80cc races!!

Discussion in 'General' started by EXPERT35, Dec 23, 2000.

1. carrollm

carrollm Fast Rice Racing #71 ex.

Hey Jim, I don't have a problem. I just like things clarified. Just like you want rules clarified. I think my posts are often taken as cocky sarcasm, but infact, I am only trying to clarify peoples replies and views.

Wasn't it you who posted on the EARA list that you like when people bash each other, and it adds to the fun and excitement of the sport?
    Here's some food for thought: I have more trophies, plaques,and awards on my wall than your son. I won the first Expert race I ever
    ran in. I won Rookie of the year, and the #1
    Plate. Did you ever win in the 80 class? I did. I usually lapped people up to 2nd place in Stock Expert each race. Want to see the videos? The fast guys are all gone too.

Mike

2. EXPERT35

EXPERT35 Well-Known Member

Im still here Mike [​IMG]

3. carrollm

Yes, that's right........My bad. Take it easy on me this season, O.K?

4. JIM FORD

JIM FORD Member

Mike,
    I asked you to e-mail me because I didn't think such a public forum was the place for this discussion. But if you feel we must then I would like to, as you say clarify some things.

1. Yes your post are often sean as cocky sarcasm.
    2. What I posted was that I liked the banter between friends not the bashing that you do.
    3. As far as having more trophies than my 15-year-old son, that doesn't take a big man.
    4. At the age of 14 Joe's third race was the Batavia can am of 1999, it may have been only super sport amateur but he won it on a stock bike. (By the way we only run Yamaha stock bore pistons not the wisco big bore kit like most other people, this came out at the rules meeting.)
    5. In his fifth and last race as an amateur he started in the 18 Th position was in first by the second turn and lapped the entire field on lap seven.
    6. After being bumped to expert at the age of 15 after only five races he started the expert season two races down and still managed a third overall
    For the season not only in expert stock but also expert supersport.
    (Again with stock bore Yamaha pistons all season in both classes)
    7. As far as trophies go: for 2000 in supersport he has four firsts,and two thirds. In stock he has a fifth, a fourth, two thirds and three firsts. (He also won the team endurance in supersport for the year)
    At the can am in Ohio he won supersport expert, second in stock expert (that was my fault, we lost a crank seal) and won the stock expert team endurance.
    I would say pretty well for a fifteen-year-old in his first full year!
    Do you want to see the videos?
    8. The other people of our club saw fit to nominate him for rookie, rider of the year, and most improved which he won.

Again I will tell you, if you have a personal problem with me, e-mail me.
    Sincerely, we hope to see you at summit point JIM FORD

(Note: Nothing throughout out this e-mail was meant to be taken seriously in
    any shape or form what so ever. It was written for mere comedy, or lack
    there of (<>..<> ) )

5. carrollm

You better put in a good crankshaft seal skippy [​IMG]

ps, It's good to have you on the list, so we can chat about things. This YSR stuff could be very fun on big tracks.

Mike

6. JIM FORD

JIM FORD Member

I bought a 2001 honda cr 80r motor to run on the big tracks, but now i am a service manager for a yamaha dealer and i feel a little funny (i said feel not look) about running it. if anyone wants to buy a honda motor and fmf fatty pipe for a ysr let me know.

7. JIM FORD

JIM FORD Member

MIKE

we are looking forward to seeing a weara event. we hope you can show us around.
    everyone has been telling joe to move up to the 125's. personaly i think he should run
    eara 80 and gp for a season. what do you think?

8. carrollm

Jim,
    The more classes Joe can win in will build his reputation, as well as a fine resume for the future. I would run the 80 for a season and rack up some awards, and possibly get a 125 to run a few track days with. That would let him get used to a larger bike gradually, and make the step up easier. Keep in mind that big bikes = big bucks, and they are so much different than YSRs.

Mike

9. carrollm

Say something. Anything. Hello? Hello?

10. bryan norton

bryan norton Well-Known Member

I currently race a 1995 TZ125 chassis with 2001 Honda CR motor. The thing is an absolute BLAST. Still getting my but whipped by the moriwaki in our club, but I'm working on that.

I am trying to put together an article about mini racing, and the 80cc class in particular.

What started as a class for people with walmart mig welders has become a pretty entertaining class.

Our mini endurance race fielded 34 entries last weekend. We have a six hour event coming up, they are pretty interesting. On tracks shorter than a mile, the YSR chassis bikes do pretty well, but anything with real cornering speed requires the 'big' framed machine.

I'm kind of geeked up about the Derbi's and such. With an 80cc kit, they aren't too expensive and look to be fairly competitive.

As for me, I've sunk over $4500 in this damned thing, and I don't even have decent bodywork yet.

Anyone have Chassis parts or bodywork for a TZ???

11. Bill Cole

Bill Cole Well-Known Member

What chassis parts are you looking for? I have alot of parts. Not sure I want to sell you what you are looking for but you may get lucky. let me know.

Bill C

12. timspeed

timspeed Well-Known Member

Hey billy,
    There is a tz-125 cheap on alterna racing's website. You could use it for parts or maybe have a 2nd bike for rainy days. It's been there for a while so maybe Eizi will sell it to you for even less. Check it out. www.alternaracing.com
    As for the rest of you 2-strokers, check it out too and add it to your favorites. Just tell them Fast Rice sent you.
    Later, Tim

13. Bill Cole

Hey Tim, Thanks but no thanks. I have enough parts for a while. If I had another frame I could build a 2nd TZ. My new 97 is great. I will check it out however.

Bill C

14. hazbin1

hazbin1 Well-Known Member

piss on that! small shit is for pussies and 10 year olds....

15. timspeed

timspeed Well-Known Member

..........and guys that can't afford to get a new Dodge mega ram dualie and 30 foot trailer to fill with their welders, shiny new toolboxes, unlimited piles of tires, stacked drums of nutec, Spares-O-rama pegboard exhibits, and among other things that exceed the average racers budget , several bikes that are pro-tuned.
    I am not sure if you ever tried it or not, but it's a blast. I think if you stooped to the "10 year old, pussy" level for a day, you would get some kicks out of it. If I still had my yz80 powered ysr, I'd let you race it. I'm sure you are used to wheelying yamahas but on half the wheelbase it's just plain fun.

16. Bill Cole

Hey Tim. How about we invite Hazbin out for a race? We can give his name some new meaning. Wouldnt be the first fast WERA guy we sent home with his tail between his legs.

All in fun boys! On a serious note I have found that YSR racing was VERY compeditive as Tim will attest to. THat thing will smack you down and laugh at you. All the pavement you can eat!

Bill C

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Except that Hazbin doesn't race....

18. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

...and he weighs 250 lbs. on a good day, do ya'll have YSR's for big boys? [​IMG]

19. Bill Cole

Yes we do. My friend Chad is 230 and one the fastest guys in the country on a Super Sport YSR.

Bill C

20. carrollm

It's easy to go fast on a fast bike. It takes
    a skilled rider to go fast on a slow bike. I
    learned alot from a YSR. Mine's a permanent fixture in my den.