1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2WD!

Discussion in 'General' started by sdg, Dec 4, 2013.

1. sdg

sdg *

2. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

DiSalvo sure lets himself go during the off season! :D

Attached Files:

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I like the first video, he didn't trust himself and wore a helmet.
    Didn't Yamaha test a 2wd dirtbike?

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

They should start a company called Christini and hire Geoff Aaron.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yamaha and Ohlins had a 2wd setup on an R1 a couple years ago, but if I remember correctly they first one I saw them test was even further back on a YZ or WR-250 dirt bike I think. Christini has been doing 2WD systems on off-road bikes for a while now too. Notice the vid is from 2006 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBTFB1rq1kU

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  6. sdg

sdg *

I remember the Christini debut, and I remember not being very impressed. This is a different story IMO...

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

What's the difference in the designs? They look pretty much the same. Jack-drive off the countershaft that drives some bevel gears that turn the front wheel.

8. joec

joec brace yourself

chris does some super cool shit. dude has more talent than brains. or maybe its the other way around. either way....he always has some super cool shit.

9. sdg

sdg *

How about a heavy dual sport with some real power...

10. sdg

sdg *

He also puts a hell of a lot of effort into actually building something that works as opposed to me and my buddies who just sit around day dreaming...

11. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

You would be referring to this gem, if I'm not mistaken I do believe they were produced and sold. But I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

www.mcnews.com.au/testing/yamaha/wr-2trac/page1.htm

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

13. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

A guy in wi has been riding a 2wd ktm 990 for a couple years. I think it's the christini set up. Looks pretty nice.

14. sdg

sdg *

My personal dream is basically a Bimota Tesi with chain & full power to both ends with a CV joint dead center in the front wheel...

I don't possess the funds.

15. joec

joec brace yourself

yeah, but its sooo much easier.....:D

i was fortunate enough to make one of the holiday parties up there. they can pretty much do anything there. hell, they had a woodworking shop set up, for a damned motorcycle shop. and it was nicer than mine!

this was shoved into one of the work bays. i just thought it was hellacool.

Attached Files:

16. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

CJ Designs/Craig has had his for a while, I"m assuming he's teamed up with Cosentino Eng (they make some very very nice FCR setups for the LC8 motors, one day I'll get a set of 39's for my SE-R), but it sounds like he's got a pretty solid system.

and yes, it's based on the Christini system but highly modified for the 950 power, frame and suspension...

17. apexspeed

apexspeed Well-Known Member

Squid-tastic!

18. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

I wonder how that would work over jumps?

19. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

20. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

That's a pretty cool Rokon...