250gp

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by craig641, May 12, 2014.

1. craig641

craig641 Well-Known Member

Does the 250gp class still exist in WERA? I was told no at Summit's registration this past weekend but three of us showed up and Jim made a class and let us race. No trophys though, and that's not a big deal. Just trying to see if the class is still valid or not.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Technically - no. But if you show up and want to race each other we can easily grid and score you that way.

How in the world did that happen anyway? Last GNF with the 250's had none show up although I do see we had 2 at Summit last June.

3. craig641

Roper brought his 250 Aermacchi, I had my Bridgestone 200, and Bucky Sexton brought out a 200 Honda. The 200 class is huge in AHRMA and pretty big in the USCRA. Hopefully some more of those will start to show up at some WERA races.

4. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I have a 175 / 200 Hybrid in progress....Deans son was going to ride it.

Dean is moving, so it probably wont make it this year.

5. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

many many years ago................the 250 class was the biggest blast class out there.....sorry to see it die, so I just go up a class or two now. My son rode in it some an had fun, I would like to see Martin out there so Nick would come out more...............

6. CharlieY

I basically gave Dean most of a racebike. He was going to assemble it, and Martin to ride it. I bought PVL stuff from Buff, etc......Dean gave me the bikeback cuz he is moving. It didnt get finished.

7. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

Where is Dean moving to?

8. CharlieY

He's still in the ATL area, and will actually be closer to me, but wont have anywhere to work on bikes.

9. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

You wouldn't have a source for Bridgestone parts would you? I have two 100 sports, but the guy that seesm to have all the parts doesn't really like to get back to people.

10. craig641

Richard's Relics? He's about the best but hard to get a hold of. I've had the best luck just calling until I get him. I have heard that there's been an illness in the family that's taken him away from the business for a bit.

11. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Yup, that's the place. We have part numbers and prices, just can't get parts ordered. We'll keep trying. Thanks

now, bring that thing down this way so I can see it.

12. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Craig,
    Are you bringing the bridgesone to mid ohio? I might be able to get a 250GP bike together for that, if I have time. It might be fun. I still owe you $200 or a DT250. I'll bring one or the other plus beer to Mid-O.

13. craig641

Ken - I'm going to be racing at New Jersey with ahrma that weekend. It's a new track for me and a couple of hours closer. Otherwise I'd have been at mid Ohio. Maybe I can get one of the Baltimore guys to bring the bike back with them if we could get that worked out. Then you could send me the beer as well.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, switching VMD with DMG so they could do Laguna with World Superbike screwed stuff up but not much anyone could do about it. I hate scheduling and none of those events had anything to do with me :D

15. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

Mongo, If it makes you feel any better, Dave Rutherford, Mark Williams, Francis Ganance and I are renting a garage at VMD. And I plan on making it my personal mission to cause you as much trouble as possible .... Or get us both drunk while trying.

16. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Craig,
    It will probably be easier to send you the money and owe you the beer.
    Stu,
    If I bring Craig's beer to VMD, will you help me drink it? I think I drank a bunch of your Heinikens last time.

Ken