1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 Rulebook

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's updated on the site - major takeaways are all SV650s in V7 MW, small gensets allowed across pit lane during an endurance red and warmers allowed to be plugged in, 5 people over the wall for pit stops (up from 4).

yuengling910 likes this.
  2. Mark Badillo

Mark Badillo Well-Known Member

SV65o in V7 as a lightweight twin superbike. Does that also mean 1999 Ducati 900ss air cooled twins can run here. The old vintage class for that bike is V8 middleweight that turned into a shit show when the 130HP R6 bike were let in.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not at this point, haven't thought about it really.

4. Mark Badillo

Thank you, Mongo. Not a lot of 900SS out there, but they are literally sitting ducs in V8MW. Pun intended.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well yeah, but you have to know by now they've never truly been competitive in anything. Still a cool ass bike.

what's the last year for the 900ss anyway? I could see letting them in on a trial basis now and fixing the rulebook next year. Just like the SV I can't see it being an issue against a well built 600 that's V7 legal but those don't seem to want to play much.

6. Mark Badillo

fuel injected 2 valve air cooled 1998-2002/ carbed 2 valve air cooled 1991-1997 900SS

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The air cooled is already fine in there, let me look more at the newer ones.

8. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

hey Mongo, has there ever been the thought of a handicap for heavier riders on small bikes? i remember LRRS brought up the idea with this a few years ago.

something like on the Grom cup, if you're over 200 lbs, then some additional performance mods are allowed? sort of evening the playing field with the riders that eat salads.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No. Especially for Groms, minis are for fun and kids.

And from a larger person - if you're big get a bigger bike... :D

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Looks like I will be back with WERA this year to support the V7 MW and HW…. Schedule coming out around New Years Mongo?

11. Rance Taylor

Rance Taylor Well-Known Member

It's up on the site

12. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

APO2112 and Rance Taylor like this.
  13. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

LRRS always did weird things out of the norm, one great example was having 3 classes. Novice, Junior, and Expert(?) where almost every other club in the US didn't do the same. Apparently the NHIS circuit was too difficult for some?

14. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

It's now Novice, Amateur and Expert with a line blurring 'Street' class as well for the TD junkies who can't quite commit yet.

15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

That makes no sense IMO

16. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

it's a way to bring in street riders that want to try it on their street bikes, before going full dedicated race bike, suit, etc.

17. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

What you just described is a TD rider. So the natural progression would be TD, then provisional novice, then novice. After months or years said novice moves to expert because of the many laps/experience with other higher level racers. And back of the pack experts aren't anything new right? Then if said rider can't hang or doesn't like the expert pace then they move back to novice but with a lot of experience. In the million years of racing WERA has never seen the need for a middle aka Jr. class. And neither has CCS. Just saying

18. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

we both know there are over confident street riders that want to jump right into racing without a TD under their belt. where i agree with you that it's more of a rookie/parade lap, it does have potential to bring in more business for the series, trackside vendors, tires, etc.

19. flying

flying Well-Known Member

Any chance on allowing 1160cc triples in the HWT class? That would open up the newer speed triple:clap:

20. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

If they were Heavy or a Twin I would say go for it… Otherwise no

RRP and BOMDIVR like this.