1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2022 MA Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 7, 2022.

1. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

Hard to remember I'm so old now. I'll dig and find the videos. I'm pretty sure it was front, rear and fuel. I think we could have 6 over the wall, at least 5 for sure, incl one on the extinguisher.

TurboBlew likes this.
  2. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Then you’ll have to find a vhs-c player to watch them.

RS250Ape likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nice to know he still listens to me.

:crackup:

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

not 8mm? :)

5. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

It was this century! its even on an SD card!
    Damn you guys are bored today.
    Doesnt racing start soon...:D

TurboBlew likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Racing started two weeks ago :D

L8RSK8R and noles19 like this.
  7. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

No shit? Maybe I should blow the dust off the Ducati in the garage and do more this year than just pick on the AHRMA guys….

8. Bburns912

Bburns912 Well-Known Member

There’s plenty of time

9. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the Pit Stop contest is only for the top 3 qualifiers.

With the entry list we have, I don't see them running the "Alternate SS Main". Everyone is going to be under 1:59.9 (they published this number stating that everyone under that time can apply for a provisional start.) And even if they don't it's going to be like 2 guys. They could have used that time to do an elimination style pit stop contest. Fans love that stuff, and the weekend's schedule isn't that tight. Ahhh if only I were king.

10. Gino230

We are ready for the Twins Cup race. New set of larger (bored) throttle bodies, and a new tune on the ECU which involved welding bungs in the headers to tune cylinders individually. We got +3.5 HP from back to back runs. Pretty good bump. I think there is more there in the intake setup, but it's going to require some experimentation and it gets expensive. Specifically with messing with intake tract lengths. Still using the HordPower which has been the best intake setup we've tried. Also have the new Graves exhaust to try, but it's got larger pipes and won't fit in the current lower fairing. Set of R7 bodywork is on order from Ghetto Customs.

dyno chart.JPG

E Reed, Scuba Steve, stk0308 and 6 others like this.
  11. Gino230

Of course no matter what the dyno says, you still have to ride the damn thing. I only did about 10 laps on the FZ back in October, didn't want to beat on the engine too bad but we at least figured out gearing. I also got a pretty good idea of where I will need to put some work in.

This is AIM data from October, the red line is a 1:59.0 on the R6, blue is 2:06.5 on the FZ. Surprisingly I'm braking earlier and lighter in some places, and early apexing on the slower bike. I knew I was losing time by using the R6 Brake markers in all but a few corners, but I was surprised to see that I'm rolling through the corners a little slower on the FZ as well. You can tell by the shape of the speed trace (Top set of lines) that they are more rounded on the FZ- so I'm not "getting in and getting out" like I do on the R6.

So we have some work to do, but we've got lots of track time, and the good news is if I can just ride it like I ride the R6, a couple of seconds are easy pickings.

FZ daytona.JPG

wortdog, TurboBlew, L8RSK8R and 4 others like this.
  12. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Got into town yesterday. The day before, somebody parked a huge van in my space while checking in at the Grande. Bunny was flipping out and wanted to tow it. They found the guy and he was apologizing and all, but Bunny was having none of it. One of our residents recognized him as Vanilla Ice and Bunny says, "I don't care who it is!" Paulita smoothed everything out. Mike picked up a Ukrainian flag up in St. Augustine and hung it out today. Rumor has it that protesters will be around later this week. Never a dull moment at the Dunes.

ToofPic and E Reed like this.
  13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

johnnyB we’ve communicated a bit since the racerslist and on here and other platforms... you really need to write your memoirs.... nobody has the history you do... I’ve been around the industry/sport for 27 years and don’t have half your stories... from animal hill to 90s Superbikes to current adventures you have it all...

there are many avenues to write your story even if it’s just speaking them to a recorder... so many ways and it won’t const much and many of us will gladly buy them and or pitch in...

14. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Ok, I need to know as I’ve looked at my notes and no way I ever saw anyone change a front by removing calipers that fast... the chance of getting a pad jam by twisting the fender is huge... not saying it can’t be done I just want to see it if it happened as you’d all deserve a huge award... the dump can is always nearly 30 seconds so you guys were fast...

dig out the black and white silent movies and post them up ;)

15. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Throw some formulas in there and calculate % coasting per lap. I always found tracking/working on that, beneficial.

16. Gino230

We do have some math channels for that, and it does help. You can usually tell by the shape of the speed graph without the math channel- if it's a V you're doing better than if it's a U! When switching bikes back to back, I have a hard time quickly going to the new brake markers. That was definitely the case here. Focusing on only one bike helps.

ekraft84, TurboBlew and cav115 like this.
  17. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I did not find that to be a universal truth. There were plenty of tracks where I could go equally slow on multiple bikes on a given weekend.

18. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

But what we’re missing here is that Gino needs a psychologist more than a riding coach! :confused: Gino is plenty fast when he lets himself be fast :D Go get them this weekend, I’ll be rooting hard for you brother!

Gino230 likes this.
  19. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

Weather forecast is NOT looking good:(

assjuice cyrus and E Reed like this.
  20. khill

khill Well-Known Member

Gino HAS access to an amazing sports psychologist...... (Gino is going to do great, weather permitting...)

cav115 and Monsterdood like this.