2021 MotoAmerica Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Hoffman900, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Can’t disagree with you on that, but I think there was always been a bit of churn. If I went back to when my son raced there are a whole bunch of 600 fast guys no longer racing, and I can’t even remember all the names but without looking and some of these guys moved on to bigger classes/Europe

Joey pasceralla
    Dane westby
    Benny Solis
    Joe Roberts
    Josh Herrin
    Cameron Beaubier
    Kris Turner
    Danny Eslick
    James rispoli
    Justin Dominguez
    Jake Gagne
    Daytona Anderson
    Michael Gilbert
    Martin Cardenas
    Aussie Dave rode a 600 1-2 years with M4

2. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

He's modeling for Hono's now.

3. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Most of the fast Stock1000 guys already race the Superbike Cupp.

4. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

it doesn’t make me sad when rides move on and up (herrin, roberts, beaubier).. just when they run at the pointy end and then disappear

5. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Phew. Glad there wasn't a typo there.

6. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Last I heard Elias was coaching other riders this year

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm still not convinced we won't see Elias out there in MA, World Endurance or some place racing. Can't believe he's retired retired.

8. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

You might be right, he posted this lovely poem yesterday poem.JPG

turbulence and koth442 like this.
  9. henry_carlson

Looks like Andrew Lee is racing in 2021! A. Lee.JPG

jd41 and turbulence like this.
  10. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Lol wtf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senna likes this.
  11. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Sounds like TE been hangin w/ JRP...

12. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Same. Especially with MA’s supersport class. That is by far my favorite class and the years I’ve watched it’s always delivered awesome racing. Escalante, SDK and Paasch were the reason I tuned in each weekend on Live+ last year. I wish Hayden Gilliam and PJ were still racing that class.

Somewhat related, I’m not sure what the answer is to the intermediate class moving forward with 600s kind of going away. I wonder if at some point manufacturers will just build track-only bikes. If KTM can sell a 450SX for $10-$12K, I’d have to imagine with the growing popularity of track riding and track-only riders that there is a market for a turnkey 600 from an OEM for, say, $15K. Dunno.

Oddly enough, the only new 600s I see around here are the new bodywork ZX-6R. That $10,000 price point seems to have been a winner, at least around here.

13. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

Andrew would make a nice addition to the grid. However, I wouldn't expect him to be competitive in Superbike.

14. Boman Forklift

I agree with that and I initially wondered if his years off meant he could come back into 1000SStk class again?

15. koth442

Has it really been *years* since he was in SStk1000? I thought it had just been one. They are starting to get away from me though....

16. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Just one, if you don't count last years 1-2 rounds the poor guy got to turn laps in. He was STK Champ in '19, on the bench for '20.

turbulence likes this.
  17. henry_carlson

I wondered the same thing. I am guessing that he is eligible, only because Jake Lewis wasnt allowed to run Stock1000 last year and is on the Altus team this year.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  18. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

What makes you say that? Seems he's stronger on a liter bike than a 600 in recent years.

19. Boman Forklift

IMO the competition in the 1000SStk class is a bit lower vs the 600 class. If you look at the years Andrew won, he and Michael Gilbert, as well as some others won races. I don’t think they would have podiumed in the 600 class during those same years.

IMO they are very fast riders, but the 600 class was extremely competitive during those seasons. I remember thinking PJ was going to come back and put the hurting on our 600 guys, and instead they put the hurting on him.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
  20. koth442

A year off, a new bike, a new team. He's fast, but that's a lot working against you when you're hunting for tenths.

I would expect him to make leaps and bounds and *maybe* fight for a podium towards the end of the season.