1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 IoM TT cancelled

Discussion in 'General' started by Senna, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

2. raven433

raven433 Old and Slow

Wow.... love watching those guys race. Sad....

3. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Oh, the savage hypocrisy...

GRH, svracer22, rafa and 4 others like this.
  4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Exactly.

5. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

I was hoping it was because of the Murder hornets because, you know, that at least sounds like a manly reason to cancel something as manly as the Isle of Mann....

6. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

sucks donkey dink

7. joec

joec brace yourself

This was the year I was going to win it too. Damnit!

britx303 likes this.
  8. britx303

Shit.......you too?:D

joec likes this.
  9. britx303

I don’t blame the hornets........I blame big eared,trembling in the knees, resetters. :flag:

jd41, tony 340 and Ducti89 like this.
  10. joec

joec brace yourself

It does make you wonder how many of those guys will be throwing in the towel after 3 years not on the course. Dunlop..mcpint, lougher, the side car teams. Lots of those guys weren't any younger in 19.

tony 340 likes this.
  11. britx303

I think Dunlop will still be hungry. McPint I can see stepping away. Sidecar guys.........they’re 110% nutz and think they want to just run their rigs no matter

12. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I think it is a bad decision at this point in time. I kind of feel like it is partly "island" mentality (also probably the population makeup is changing like Daytona area).

There may have been good intentions in calling it early, maybe to help racers planning their year. But, on the flip side, teams are probably losing sponsors because they now know they will not be seen at the TT.

13. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Its a good thing the TT is such an entrenched part of the island. Otherwise in these 'safety conscious times' after 2 years off it probably wouldnt be able to come back.

14. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I think that is still a possibility as organization falls apart after two years of nothing. If they actually do have the classic TT that will help keep things together.

15. trancework

trancework It's always now...

Yama-saurus likes this.
  16. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

They typically require you to have done a certain amount of racing leading up the the event in order to be licensed for the mountain. I'd imagine most racers have done little to no racing this year. All the big road events were cancelled.

17. Paddy O

Paddy O Well-Known Member

The Isle of Man loves the TT so will want it back, but the problem could be lack of riders, especially the superbike and superstock classes. Current riders over 50 who would normally be retired by 2022 include Ansty, McPint, Rutter, and Lougher. Plus, the 10 race Irish Road Racing series which provides most TT regulars, had 12 top riders killed from 2017-2019. I could see maybe a 15 bike superbike grid in 2022, probably plenty of small bikes though.

18. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

A real classic and actually watched it again on flight back from AZ yesterday.

trancework likes this.
  19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Time to turn on the record player ... if I had one handy. My dad bought several years of these.

R-8642090-1465746060-4370.jpeg.jpg

20. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

England is full lockdown basically so makes sense to cancel it 8 months out.