1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400R - GP SPEC SUPERBIKE RACE BUILD - $8,400

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by sdracer2, Feb 21, 2024.

1. sdracer2

sdracer2 New Member

This 400R was Jesse Norton's (Norton Fabrications) development bike for the Ninja 400R Program engineered with Jeremy Toye. I purchased it from Jesse in January 2022. It has a California Salvage Title and is a track-only build (not street legal). My notes say I was told the following (I have no way to verify these statements):

* Frame was determined to be straight-and-true
    * Most of the original parts have been replaced/upgraded (see web link below for parts list)
    * The motor was dyno'd at 62hp (stock is ~ 45hp)
    * Weight was measured at 306 lbs (quite a bit less than stock!)
    * Jesse has done a 1:57 lap at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway with this build

Website build link:

https://www.norton-motorsports.com/...s-gp-spec-kawasaki-ninja400r-race-motorcycle/

(click on "GP SPEC SUPERBIKE RACE BUILD" tab)

NOTE: some parts may not match this build list - I have no way to verify everything listed

After my purchase of this 400R, I used it for 11 track days. After that, I switched to another bike and stored the 400R in my garage. The motor has been run regularly and the battery has been on a tender. I just changed the oil/filter on 2/20/24. It currently has DOT tires on it and those have major wear - should be replaced. I can include the original track slicks that came with the bike - those were dismounted and put in storage. Left Side.jpg Left Side.jpg Right Side.jpg Rear Side.jpg

2. Mark Pisano

Mark Pisano Active Member

I’d be interested at $6500

3. sdracer2

sdracer2 New Member

This bike is a $25K build - please review the provided web link to see what is included and associated pricing. The bike has had recent service work including brake pads, spark plugs and oil/filter change - ready to roll this season. I think the asking price is more than fair - my mechanic tells me my price is too low!