2017 GSXR1000R or S1000RR????

Discussion in 'General' started by FED34FIRE, May 8, 2017.

1. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

sorry,my assumption was made based on the bikes you listed on post #76

2. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

3. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

You're.

4. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Thank you.

5. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Is that like when your Gixxer 1000 spits a rod, and dumps debris on the track?

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Your bikes had puppies? :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. You asked for a touring s1k. They make one. I didn't say it was pretty. :Poke:

It's also a very very fun bike to ride. But yeah. Ugly as all get out.

8. If I was going to get a more comfortable but still sporty bike for the street, I get that GS1000R or whatever it is called like Roy has.

It is basically a nekkid 2005 Gixxer 1000 (see what I did there :D), which has one of the best motors of all time.

I don't know the exact name of it. But it would be the perfect street bike.

Either that, or a Tuono 1100 Factory, or Ducati Monster-R.

I wouldn't go through the trouble of getting a sportbike, then having to mod the shit out of it to make it street worthy. I'd just get one meant for the street.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2017
    roy826ex and Ra.Ge. Raptor like this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There was a space in there. I fixed it for you. No need to thank me. That's what I do.

10. Ass. :crackup:

11. FED34FIRE

FED34FIRE Well-Known Member

lol, can't blame spell check on this one.

12. Greg S

Greg S Well-Known Member

50 cent says GSX-R

13. joec

joec brace yourself

50-Cent.jpg

14. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

I've had two S1000rr's and both were brilliant bikes , albeit a little boring since they did everything so well. I put 19k miles on the first one and 8k I think on the second one with no issues. That said , seeing quite a few 2015 and up with real problems. My buddy that works for LKQ salvage says they're tearing down tons with dropped valves and I personally know of two with odd overheating problems due to possible head stud/bolt stretch or improper torque.

15. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

GSXR-R is awesome. I have a HP4 also. GSXR turns way better and feels much lighter.

[​IMG]

16. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

That's bad ass. Gixxer FTW!

17. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Michael Rutter seems to share your opinion.He track tested the GSX-R against the S1000RR,R1,CBR at Donnington . same tires,same day. quickest lap-time.

(quotes from the May '17 issue of Performance Bikes Magazine)
    Rutter says:
    "It makes the BMW feel a bit heavy and dated"
    "It's set-up is as good as a factory race bike.The riding position is perfect and the weight distribution is spot-on"

18. FED34FIRE

LMAO!. That was good.

19. FED34FIRE

Thanks everyone. Well I went with the S1000RR. Storm Grey/Black. I always wanted an HP4 but, could never find one. The great people at Crossroad Motorsports in Metuchin, NJ spent a good part of the day letting me compare both bikes. Very appreciated, great dealership. For some reason, most dealerships in NY/NJ area can't seem to get the limited edition GSXR. Started to get tired of waiting for one and all of the different reasons/stories. Crossroads stated they were only getting one. They had the Black and Blue one I wanted. Awesome color combo. To be perfectly honest, the GSXR looked and felt cheap in person. Similar to some of my past Suzuki's. For a limited edition bike, it didn't seem any different than what the other manufacturers are or have been already offering. It doesn't even come equipped with steel braided lines. Even my Harley has them. The Suzuki would be a great race bike but, the BMW is just rock solid. Got a great deal fully loaded with forged wheels. It's comfortable, it handles, great powerband, and a ton of usable features. Really like the electronic suspension. BMW set up the static sag for me and even delivered the bike to my front door. 3 year warranty, roadside assistance, and they pick the bike up from your house for any service free of charge. Great bike. I love the Suzuki but, I just couldn't buy something again just because I like the looks. I just turned 50 and the BMW just fits me better.

John Hancock likes this.
  20. Ra.Ge. Raptor

truth be told, Suzuki and Kawasaki lack in fit and finish.

anyway, it would not make any real world difference whichever bike you chose. congrats on the new bike!