2017 BBS Formula 1 Fantasy Racing League

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Mar 17, 2017.

1. merle4

merle4 Menace to sobriety

Big move from Papa today. 518 points from a 200 point team is HUGE.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What do you mean by 200 point team? :confused:

3. merle4

Teams start at 200 points available to "buy" drivers and chassis. Values go up as season progresses. 518 with only a 200 value is big. Last season 518 was only doable with like 220 points.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

OK, thanks. I never paid attention to how the body of my team changed over the season. I've always only looked at individual ideas when trying to sell or buy and never noticed where I ended up (in value) at the end of the season.

5. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I was cautiously optimistic for good race points after Verstappens qualifying, and damn if he didnt pay off! I almost had the bottom tier of my team all score top 10 too! I kept hoping for Magnusson or Sainz to crash or break so Grojean could pip a 10th haha!

* Sucked for Alonso, he was the fastest in the corners :crackup:

6. thrak410

Race 3 laps 11-13 ... the laps that destroyed my season :p

I hope not, but jeeze that sucked!

7. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Both Grosjean and Perez have 3x the amount of points of Verstappen on my team. Thats just sad.

8. KLM

KLM Registered User

PRO level move Merle; going with Vettel as captain. Big separation when teams are so similar. Well done.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, I've been meaning to do a captain swap since last round but I forgot. I became so used to leaving that one alone over the years that something has to happen to remind me of it. Oh well.

Two drivers out by lap five, including the last-place qualifier. I knew that this wasn't going to be a good day. :D

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  10. KLM

KLM Registered User

Same here. There hasn't been a good bet to alter the Captain play from Hamilton since we started this damn game. I thought of it this morning and hoped no one did the same and saw Merle was a step ahead.
    Figured it would have a bigger impact than it did, but still a nice move.

11. merle4

Thanks Kevin. It was only a "Pro" move coz it worked. Had less impact than I expected as well.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Every point counts, man. Any move that gets you an extra point is a good move.

13. thrak410

.... And Alonso is off my team. Can't take it anymore!!

14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Never fails...after 4 races I swap Hamilton for Vettel. :mad:

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

And I forgot again. :D

16. thrak410

Well what a disaster ... Verstappen out on the first lap, and Magnussen out on the last lap, swapped my captain to Vettel, and Bottas engine blows. I only had 2 cars complete full race distance.... bleh.

Force India was my bright spot.

17. thrak410

Omg Perez screwed me out of a great payout!!! Knocked himself out of the points and also took out Kvyat... I just switched ToroRosso and Kvyat into my lineup after their impressive performance during the practice sessions.

It paid off in qualifing, earning me 100 points, most in our league, but then the end of the race.... Argh!!!

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I've been resisting the urge for active management. I usually have close to double digit changes by this point in the season. :D

19. KLM

KLM Registered User

Do it.

So tough to mix up a team and gain. Mine is in a blender (again) today. Fucking game.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

OK, active management experiment has run its course for this year. I'm going back original starting lineup and finishing the year with it. :rolleyes: