1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 R6 Kit ECU/Harness no temp display

Discussion in 'Tech' started by DaveB, Sep 24, 2017.

1. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Buddy just bought the above bike, I have confirmed it does have the kit ecu/full harness. But no temp display at all, right side of the dash displays the RPM and tach works but left side is "blank", you can see the backlight when you power the bike on but nothing comes on the left LCD panel, right side acts normal.

Having never messed with an R6 I didn't know if I'm missing something as far as setup or if there is a problem. If I unplug the temp sensor you get a code on the right side (21 I think it was) and the temp warning light comes on. With no other info I'm thinking maybe the left side of the dash just doesn't work.

Any ideas or guidance?

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Sounds like a broken LCD. Kit harness display defaults to Celsius water temp.

3. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

That is what I was thinking but not having any specific experience with R6's I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something simple. Now to find a "spare" cluster from someone just to verify before he hunts down a good one.