1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009 R6 odd quickshifter wiring

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Tyler S, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Tyler S

Tyler S Member

I recently bought a 2009 R6 track bike, and I'm trying to figure out what is going on with the quickshifter wiring. It appears to be wired into the ECU rather than into the PC5. I'm guessing this is enabled somehow with a flash tune?

I am currently emailing Dynojet about it, but figured people on this forum might have some info about why/how it was setup. Album with pics linked below.

https://imgur.com/a/dQsTr20

What is the recommended way to set this up? I did a bit of searching and couldn't find a good answer. Do I just need a QEM and rewire it into the PC5? Can I just de-pin the green wire from the ECU connector to clean up all the extra wiring?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

that looks like the FTECU ECU-based QS without the flashing harness. itd prob work a lot better if the ground lug was attached. why do u want to remove it?

3. Tyler S

Tyler S Member

The sensor on the shift rod is from dynojet, and the bike has a PC5 hooked up already. From the previous owners for sale post, he said, "Quick shifter sensor is there and hooked up to the ecu, but it needs to be activated in the ecu." I figured that meant it needed to be enabled in the PC5, but when I found the wiring i got confused. I also figured it would be easier and cheaper to get a Dynojet QEM rather than send the ECU off to get the quickshifter enabled (Unless there is some way for me to hookup a laptop and enable it myself?)

Also, I had everything unhooked from the battery since I was installing a new one.

4. Schwiz

Schwiz Well-Known Member

If this is the case then you should either flash the ECU and use ECU QS'ing, or you hook the sensor back up to the PC5. The DynoJet sensor can be wired directly to the ECU with some modification. If I'm not mistaken, unless you also have the DynoJet secondary fuel module, hooking up QS'ing to the PC5 would only cut 4 out of 8 of the injectors (bottom ones). ECU QS'ing cuts all 8.

5. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

ud need a flashing wiring harness and a license to enable it yourself. if u could find the shop that originally did the flash (assuming it was flashed), they prob still have the license and could enable it. otherwise itd be another ~$200 to pay someone to flash it.

if this is a race bike, u really should have it flashed. so id def try to confirm with the previous owner if and where it was done.

this QS primarily cuts ignition, not fuel.

6. Tyler S

Tyler S Member

@Schwiz @stangmx13 Ok thanks for all the help and info. I actually just looked back at the mod list I was given and the flash was done at FlashTune, I didn't realize that was a company name at first. I will contact them and see if the license is still active.

I'm just using it for trackdays right now, but hopefully will start racing in 6-7 months, so I will stick with your recommendation of flashing it.

7. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

It’s likely that the guys at FlashTune can and will help, given it’s a Meen ecu and they’re no longer around.

Taking the qs from the ecu and moving it to the PC5 isn’t the best idea and you’ll need an additional module (Secondary fuel/ignition/quick shift expansion) to make use of the shifter.

What you have is the best way to do it. If you need direct help, reach out I’m happy to help if you don’t make headway with FT.

8. Schwiz

Schwiz Well-Known Member

If they won't flash it for you, I can.

I still have an unbricked harness :)

9. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Buy a cable from FT and license it for your ECU. The shift control on the FT ECU is superior to the Dynojet one and the cost for licensing is comparable to adding more DJ components (also added weight and complexity). If you later decide to access more tables, you can buy the race team license. FT's support is better than DJ's by far.