2006 Season Startup, Riders Wanted

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by LoneWolfRacing, Sep 30, 2005.

1. LoneWolfRacing

LoneWolfRacing Ride like a stupid moron!

Lone Wolf Cycles Endurance Team is looking for 2 serious, financially able and motivated riders to compete in 10 rounds of the 2006 WERA National Endurance Season.

The equipment that we will be riding is as follows:

2005 Honda CBR600RR (2)
    BRIDGESTONE Tires
    Repsol Lubricants
    SBS Brake Pads
    Vortex rearsets, clipons, sprockets, frame sliders

Goals for 2006
    To compete for a podium spot at all events.
    To be in championship hunt, with consistent finishes and well preparedness.

We wil be competing in Middleweight Superstock
    Tune&Testing will begin in late Feb, early March for 3 days at Jennings GP.
    Please email resumes/info to [email protected]

For those new to Endurance racing, here is a fact of life the calculated costs for 10 events Race Entry Fees, Practice Fees, Tires, Fuel for the bikes, Oil Changes, Brake Pads/Fluid and 1 rebuild of "A" bikes suspension adds up to $19,300.
    Those costs will be divided 3 ways.

I look forward to hearing from potential teammates.
    To those I end up in serious discussion with, I will send a breakdown of all costs it takes to run the team.
    I cannot stress enough that there is a serious financial commitment to endurance racing, but it still is better bang for the buck then doing a load of sprints.

One more thing, if you have a company who is sponsoring your ride, I am willing and able to give them the necessary exposure for their service or product. Anyone who has a pit crew member/scorer, they want to have involved, that is gladly welcomed.

It's never to early to prepare for 2006.

2. oldguy

oldguy NC novice old dude

Sadly, by the time I am financially able to afford to race, I'm too old and slow. :(

3. LoneWolfRacing

the x and y axis chart can be annoying, that pesky thing called getting older. At 38 I am hoping to be coming into my prime :D

4. oldguy

At 60 in Dec, I'm well past my prime. But at least I'm still racin' and having fun :beer:

5. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

...and you're not slow. Don't be so hard on yourself! :)

6. Rich SmithMoore

Rich SmithMoore Well-Known Member

I think our "want ad" read "fast, goofy and likely to wander off" but we did OK!:D

7. oldguy

Re: Re: 2006 Season Startup, Riders Wanted

It's beginning to look to me like you if you say fast, you get goofy and likely to wander off with it.
    I'm trying to figure out if 'serous' really means 'fast'.

8. Sunny

Sunny Banned

:stupid:

Wish I don't have to work full time to support myself.

9. Rich SmithMoore

Re: Re: Re: 2006 Season Startup, Riders Wanted

Nahh. I think it means you've taken the time to consider how much it hurts and costs when you fall off.;)

10. LoneWolfRacing

Serious for the purpose of this post/wanted ad, means consistent, reliable and yes fast..( now I am not expecting Tray Batey fast, so maybe it should be changed to quick)..... Using Summit Point as an example, a 1:20 flat is not the fastest time by any means but get a team of 3 guys doing no worse then this in a 6 hour event, they will be on the MWSS podium, so long as they don't blow their pit stops. Yes there will be teams doing 1:17 on a consistent basis but that being the usual suspects, on 1000s.

RichSmithMoore >> We hopefully all know how much it hurts and costs to fall off, we are all in denial of that fact, otherwise none of us would get back on after taking a 100mph plus bounce off the pavement and possibly have the bike binned in the process.

I just want teammates who are realistic about what it costs to race endurance for a full program, not ones who after the 2nd event are getting tight with money, irrationally accusing me as team owner that the money is going for something other than racing and expect me to carry them financially thru the season, when they are riding my bikes, benefitting from my tire deal and ability to get parts at or near cost.

Last season I ended up with one great teammate, Fred Bittner, who did alot to make the team better, not just on track, but in the pits as well. Adrienne, his wife was extremely helpful too.
    I will be so lucky to find people like that for 2006. But after the 3rd event it was a 2 man team, which was tough.

The big reason for wanting the money up front for 2006, is so all races are pre entered, tires are stocked and I know a team memeber is commited to make the races, he has promised to attend. It is the only real way to seperate the serious from the pretenders who dream of racing a full season, but don't have the funds to actually do it. :beer: :beer: :beer:

11. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

You are very well preserved for 60!!:beer:

12. oldguy

You shittin' me? You see my pic in my avatar? Oh.......... preserved, as in high levels of blood alcohol .............. Never mind. :beer: :beer: :D

13. Steve Karson

Steve Karson Tcasby is my Bitch !!

I'm glad to see you are coming back for another season,I think you have a good team plan and have a good grasp on the cost of running a team, but I have to wonder why you are doing this with a bike that is not able to win any contigency money at all? Kawasaki and suzuki pay pretty decent money back to 5th place, and if you finished an average of 3rd every race in a 10 race series, that would be an extra $5,000 in superstock or $7,500 in superbike. That's a good chunk of cash to help defray some of the cost of racing. Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm glad to see you coming back, and I wish you the best of luck.

14. Rich SmithMoore

Yeah, really! Scotty only had to run about 30 laps to get a pretty good paycheck..............ooops, never mind...........:eek:

15. LoneWolfRacing

Steve, good to hear from you, congrats on the birth of your child!
    The reason I am running Honda next season is because the dealership is ready to step up to the plate with a good amount of support and they have experience with road racing, when they supported about 7 riders back when Bridgehampton & Loudon was its own series. Basically they approached me about riding Honda's, because they felt I was the only serious racer out on Long Island, who has done parts business with their shop.
    I did express my concerns about lack of contingency money, Honda has not released their 2006 Program yet.
    Another factor is not many dealerships out here care about road racing and are not in a hurry to give you support. Most important is I trust and respect this dealership's business practices, knowledge and positive attitude.

:D

16. Rich SmithMoore

Just a thought: Unless the "good amount of support" is a lot of cash or a Texaco credit card the dealership is probably the least important component of your financial package. (Unless you're gonna go through a whole lot of pistons and valves!:D )

17. Steve Karson

cool, Glad to hear you are getting support from a dealer, that always helps alot. Best of luck to you!
    Are you going to the GNF?? I will be there riding a s-l-o-w 2003 zx6rr !!!
    you should make it , even if you are not racing, it is always alot of fun.

18. LoneWolfRacing

Steve, unfortunately I will not be at the GNF, I decided to get 2006 in order.
    Rich, well support like bike(s) not just parts.
    Good line about Teaxo Credit Card.
    I did calculations for 2006, 10 rounds
    19,386 miles round trip
    11 miles to the gallon fuel economy
    @ $2.85/gallon (yes I know that can vary, butthat was avg. for 2005)
    comes out $5020.64 in gas!!!!!!

Then $620 in tolls!

I'm psyched!!!
    :beer: : :wow:

19. Rich SmithMoore

Consider.....................Wyoming;)

20. Steve Karson

and that just in NY !!!!!!!:Poke: