2005 Vintage Schedule

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Dec 7, 2004.

1. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

Mongo RZ in V7MW yes or no?? btw nice schedual.:)

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Let me think about it some more, still haven't gotten my brain in rulebook mode but that will have to start tomorrow.

I may just take the easy way out and leave the Vintage stuff alone for a year tho so be forewarned!

3. wes

wes Well-Known Member

v6 & v7 ---Saturday or Sunday?

Mongo-
    At the end of the season, there was talk about moving the v6 and v7 races to Saturday from Sunday to consolidate all the vintage classes to race just on Saturday.... Any decision about this?

Also, can you verify the points system.... will the regional points champion be based upon whoever has the most points from all 8 races....and the national points champions is based upon the best 6 races regardless of region plus double points at the GNF??

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No on the move, V6HW and V7 will stay on Sunday, there is nothing to safely combine them wiht on Saturday and I don't want ot short either our solo riders or the rest of our Vintage riders.

Correct on the points. Regionals will be based on all rounds in that region. Nationals will be based on best 6 from anywhere. No double points for National except the GNF, not sure yet on Regional doubles.

5. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

well

Mongo
    Will you consider seperating V7MW an HW ?????

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes I'll consider it.

7. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

Thanks

Thanks for the reply

:D

8. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

Re: v6 & v7 ---Saturday or Sunday?

Hey- Wes really is here! :Poke: :beer:

I kid, you should post more often. So, Vintage or Modern this year?:confused:

9. El Skwid!

:D :D :D & :rolleyes:

Oh, you have discovered my evil plot, Spinach Champion!
    Or is that 'Spinich'?
    Actually, the "6 best of any region count towards the National standings", so you win twice!

10. wes

wes Well-Known Member

El Skwid-
    Running v6 and v7 again this year....probably the North Florida region.

11. El Skwid!

NF Region

Cool,
    You, me, & MES can trade wins! :D
    I kid, it's a new season & anything can happen :rolleyes:

I think the big kids will play in the SE pool; I like the "closest to my house" factor of the new Vintage region. Be sure to make Road 'A' this July!

12. MES Racing

MES Racing Well-Known Member

V6 Please

Mongo - I would prefer that you don't split the V7 MW and HW, unless you are going to let me run my bone stock '91 GSXR 750 that has 749cc vs a 89 with 748cc inthe V6 Class. Heck the '91 weighs 29 pounds more than the 89, so the power to weight ratio is greater for the 89. I'd be at a disadvantage ... like I'm not already ... Dale, Chip, Eboz ... do I really need to beg.

13. El Skwid!

Re: V6 Please

I thought you had a line on an 1100? Or a '95 750?
    Do you mean your 749 can't beat 600's?

I thought you were north enough to race the 3 guys in the MA region?

I do agree, though, let SS 750's backdate to V6 in the interest of increasing grid size. I did say SuperStock rules, right?

Next season should be even more fun than '04.

14. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

Re: V6 Please

Why would it matter if they split MW an HW :confused:
    we will be running MW in the south east region an HW in the MA
    as ;ong as most of the dates dont conflict....:D

15. MES Racing

MA is to far to travel. And yes my stock 750 would not pull Stick on his sick CBR 600 at Road A. The 91s were the start of the heaviest GSXR's. The bike is stock. You didn't notice how your 1100 slap motored by me between turns 7 and 10 at Road A? After 89 the GSXR's started getting heavier until the birth of the 96 GIXER. It's a pig of a bike, with the same motor as an 89.

16. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

Re: Re: V6 Please

We sent him back south .......:Poke:

17. MES Racing

Duc .. you know you don't want me to travel up there ... then you'd have three people to race instead of two :D

18. MES Racing

Skwid - why would I go race MA when I live in the middle of the SE Region ... but I'm going to run the NF just to MES with you. I like RRR and JGP a lot. I'll just have to give you Road A.

19. El Skwid!

GSX-R history

Yes, I did notice, but i just figured it was cause my new bike is 'built' for racing v. your 'bone stock'.
    I don't know GSX-R history, remember, I'm the Kawi guy that sold out to run with the big dogs.

Hey, Duc,
    A-hole@large is right! You are NOT looking to make friends are ya?
    Bring that weak Eye-talian $h!t to the SE for some equal displacement racing, not v. 750's!

Edit: Cool! See my post to Wes above. But I think I may know a turn or two @ JGP! :D :beer:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2004
  20. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

Re: GSX-R history

Hey skwid
    Nope we aint out to win any populaty contest....but we did buld an all new pasta burner for MW. An i will bet you at least 1 case of beer of your chosing that your 750 makes more ponies than my 916 or my 748...
    Here is our tenitive schedule for next year. If they dont seperate MW/HW I think we will run MW in the south east region for fun...an the try an keep Jim Eqliger an that VFR at bay in the MA HW class

3/2-6 Daytona International Speedway
    3/12-13 Virginia International Raceway, Alton, VA-rs,V,
    3/19-20 Roebling Road Raceway, Faulkville, GA-rs,
    4/16-17 Summit Point Raceway, Summit Pt., WV-rs,V,
    6/4-5 Roebling Road Raceway, Faulkville, GA-rs,V,
    6/11-12 Summit Point Raceway, Summit Pt., WV-V,
    7/1-3 Road Atlanta, Braselton, GA-rs,V,
    7/23-24 Carolina Motorsports Park, Kershaw, SC-rs,V,
    7/30-31 Roebling Road Raceway, Faulkville, GA-rs,
    8/27-28 Carolina Motorsports Park, Kershaw, SC-V,
    9/17-18 Nashville Superspeedway, Nashville, TN-rs,
    9/24-25 Summit Point - Shenandoah, Summit Pt., WV-rs,V,