1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2001 Predictions

Discussion in 'General' started by aip, Jan 17, 2001.

1. aip

aip Well-Known Member

Last year was easy...Acree, Batey enough said. With Arclight's Move to FUSA who knows what is going to happen this year.

I only have one prediction...Vesrah Racing wins the Endurance Overall.

As for the other stuff who knows who is going to show up? I will say one thing however...BEWARE of Temparato.

2. vlwebdesigns

vlwebdesigns Well-Known Member

I'll agree with Vesrah for the overall title.

Don't know much about Temperato, so I can't comment.

I think Stokes and Junge will battle for the 600 SS (since Acree is gone) title if they both run the full gauntlet.

3. aip

aip Well-Known Member

Were it not for a couple of untimely crashes Temparato would have beat Stokes for the F2 title in 2000. Temparato is the real deal Junge will probably miss a couple of the conflicting rounds (With Formula USA) so that might open the title up to a dark horse.

4. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Would have, should have and could have doesn't count Jamie. Stokes was the better rider by staying upright. In order to win you must first finish.

5. STOKES 34

STOKES 34 New Member

Hey to everyone in BBS land. This is my first BBS reply.A friend called me a few minutes ago to check out a prediction for 2001. I don't know who Aip is but I do know I won the F2 championship fair and square. Joe Temparato is a friend of mine and we had some great races this past year. Unfortunately Joe had a season like I had the year before. He is a good rider but he pushed a little too hard. I hope he comes out this year and does good. So don't tell me I won a Championship because someone else fell down. There were more fast riders out there besides Joe including Scott Harwell.

6. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

Another productive member of society falls prey to the allure of the BBS!

Future headline:

"Greenspan Traces GNP Decline To Motorcycle Racing BBS"

BTW, Junge's primary mission is WERA. He won't be going to any races that conflict with the WERA schedule. And don't make predictions. You never know when an SBR is gonna show up.

JU

7. fin1exp

fin1exp Well-Known Member

STOKES, this is Eric, you forgot to tell me to take those pavement magnets out of your bike. Dang it.
    Anyway, welcome to the BBS, you are now offcially addicted. [​IMG] All it takes is once...
    Eric

8. Hammer-117

Hammer-117 Well-Known Member

Hell, I think he posts on here [​IMG]

9. Lee Acree

Lee Acree Well-Known Member

Arlight's FOCUS is FUSA...don't rule the team out yet. Scott Harwell will be hard to beat. Also, Opie has his fast tracks. Keep an eye on Chris Ulrich. I've watched him on a 250...he has cornerspeed talent! (I take it he will be sprinting as well as endurance riding.)
    Laurie

10. Tracee Polcin

Laurie, you need to registar yourself. You are running up Lee's post total. [​IMG]

11. GSXRGIRL

GSXRGIRL Guest

[​IMG] I knew you would succumb to the pressure. Welcome!!!

12. aip

aip Well-Known Member

I was a bit misunderstood. Stokes was the man in F2. I did not mean to say that Joe was better than Stokes. I mentioned his F2 result only to explain that the guy flies.

The information JU has given us shows that most of the main events will be dominated. None of the aforementioned riders has anything for Junge...

13. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Welcome to the dark side of the WERA BBS Brian!

I can see this entry in the January 2002 FASTLINE newsletter:

"WERA BBS licenses will be available at 50 dollars each. You MUST pass a typing class (see www.edbargytypingschool.com ) before applying for a license.

You will be required to wear a green t shirt until you have safely participated in two BBS weekends.

Top BBS'ers will be invited to the WERA BBS GNF, to be held in MAE East Raceway, Virginia. Suzuki BBS Cup Final will be held in conjunction with the WERA BBS GNF. Any "pro" riders participating will have to enter with one arm tied behind their back."

:)

14. wera122

wera122 Guest

Is that what caused the power outages in California? [​IMG]

15. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

Don't rule out that Gonzales kid either...

16. Tracee Polcin

Dude, are you just that dumb or what? How many times have you stuck your foot in your mouth on this board? [​IMG]

17. Lee Acree

Oh Tracee we tried to get my own little password but, BBS had trouble giving me one. Something about Lee and I sharing the same email...whatever....so I continue to run up Lee's posts! Maybe Mongo Bongo can figure it out. Besides, it's not like Lee is going to post anything. Unless, of course, someone tries to get back on his cloud. [​IMG]
    Laurie

18. Tracee Polcin

I didn't even think about that. Do you have an email address at work or something like that? If you do then you can just registar from there. And can I suggest a username for you? Don't get mad it's all in fun, but how about Cherry Picker's Wife or something to that effect. And thank Lee for selling his SV to Brad Duncan!!! [​IMG]

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yup gotta use different emails. If you really want your own identity let me know and I'll figure out a way around it.

20. Lee Acree

Thanks anyway Mongo Bongo. Why are you thankful Lee sold the SV to Brad, Tracee?
    Laurie