1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1999 SV650 race bike to complete or pillage (SF Bay Area, CA)

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by lkosewsk, Jul 17, 2022.

Tags:
  1. lkosewsk

lkosewsk Member

First-gen Suzuki SV650S (actually started life as an SV650) race bike project... or the source of all of your spares. I finally admitted I won't ever fix it and I already have a working track/race SV, so you can take it for a pittance to free up room for other projects. $2000 OBO and if you need it delivered we can talk about that... gas isn't cheap these days, though.

[​IMG]

Whole bunch of high-res pictures at https://imgur.com/a/avdhVel

The good:
    - has an actual manufacturer's certificate
    - has the highly coveted Keihin FCR flatslide race carbs
    - full front-end conversion off of an '04 or '05 GSX-R750.
    - rear rim is adapted from a CBR600F3 (5.0" instead of stock SV 4.5")
    - woodcraft rearsets
    - custom subframe with trick relocation destination for crank breather under the rear bodywork
    - braided steel rear brake line
    - two full sets of track bodywork & spare fuel tank
    - spare set of original SV650S forks with 0.85 kg/mm race-tech springs
    - so many spare parts... a sprocket, wheel bearings & spacers, gears & cam gears, timing chain, oil filter, plenty of spark plugs, crank bearings, intake boots, carb rebuild kits, valve cover, base, & cylinder head gaskets, clutch springs, ignition coils, tank insulators & pivot bolt...
    - A whole stock dash, radiator fan, spare stator, front wiring harness, kill & sidestand switches, with other spare bits of harness/fusebox that were removed.
    - Spare throttle, choke, & clutch cables, more than one copy of some.
    - Spare rear brake rotor, clutch plates, lower triple, fork seals, pod filters, velocity stacks, high exhaust mount, cam chain tensioners, axle, & throttle tube.
    - random cool metal bling/protection pieces + sliders
    - already drilled for safety wiring
    - all manner of dyno-tuning graphs, one of them laminated (ooh, aah!)
    - Fox rear shock on the bike, spare stock shock and extra rear spring included in sale.
    - engine has had performance work under past ownership but I have no record of what. Cams are not stock and I believe there are high comp pistons.
    - the rear stand comes with the bike (it has no sidestand)

The bad:
    - no front brake lever, master cylinder, or front brake lines. You'll have to source those from elsewhere, but the calipers are there!
    - The clutch is gone. Basket is there, but no clutch plates or springs.
    - The exhaust is gone. No headers, no midpipe, no muffler.
    - The tires have date codes back to 2012 despite how good they look.
    - There is a battery but it's completely dead, you'll need a new one

Again, have a look at the bunch of pictures at https://imgur.com/a/avdhVel and PM with any questions. Thanks for looking!

2. lkosewsk

lkosewsk Member

Price drop - $1800 takes it all.

3. lkosewsk

lkosewsk Member

$1700? Won't really go much lower than this before the only sensible move is to part it out.

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Pm sent

5. lkosewsk

lkosewsk Member

SOLD to one of our own.

6. 9mil

9mil Yea, that's right

Thanks Luke!